Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Poker Ace HUD - Technically intriguing

Hi, I've been using Pokerace HUD for the last couple of weeks and think it's one totally awesome tool.

I was wondering if any of the other computer programmers on this forum knew how the software works. It integrates with Pokertracker databases to mine the information that it displays, but I'm more interested in how the VPIP, PFR, Aggression numbers are overlaid on top of the Partypoker, Empirepoker table. Same question about how the mouse click on a player name is trapped and the drop down list of all their stats are displayed.

If Partypoker and other sites have APIs or other hooks into their software to make this possible this stuff would be easy, but I haven't seen anything like a "developer" section on PP or EP. Any insights would be really appreciated(I'm interested in writing similar software if the tone of my post didn't already give it away )

Thanks,
G
Old 07-28-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Poker Ace HUD - Technically intriguing

Google search "Windows API".
Old 07-28-2005, 08:30 PM

I guess I didn't explain what I was asking clearly enough. I'm not asking how to create these widgets etc..

I'm asking how does one software like Pokerace interface with Partypoker/Empirepoker and essentially overlay and integrate with screen real estate and the Poker GUI itself.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:28 PM

There is no interfacing to the Party Poker software. Any software can draw wherever it wants on the screen.

AK.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:48 AM

Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...

Haha, wasn't that funny and totally unpredictable? Seriously though, I could get into details, but unless you're familiar with programming, you'd be lost.

To put it simply, each window needs a Device Context (DC) that allows it to be drawn onto. I find the poker window, get a DC for the window, tell it how to format what I'm going to print and print it. I could do this with any window, not just the poker windows.

As for mouse clicks, well I can't reveal all my secrets, can I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 09:52 AM

GameTime+ is a similar program and is open source. I'm pretty sure it's available at www.sourceforge.net
Old 07-29-2005, 02:27 PM

Hahaha, that was pretty funny:-)

Yeah, I'm not a windows programmer(mostly unix), but I get the device context concept.

BTW, Your software rocks and it's made a lot of money for me. Donations forthcoming thru Paypal.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:50 PM

POKERACE -

Have you considered these modifications:

Number of hands being on seperate viewable tab so i can see how close i am to 50(i view stats at 50).

Timer setting for "Last hand" - This disspears quite fast if im trying to see what they had and theres say 3+ people. OR A RIGHT CLICK option to turn the last cards/flop on and then off ?

QUESTION
Does PA get my own stats from somewhere else or read DB? Sometime it gives me stats for say 50hands i play on the table... otherwise its give me my full 2000hands+Stats off pt?

Thanks,
POKhER
Old 07-29-2005, 06:52 PM

If you want to see your hand count for the session, wait for the next version. It will always display your stats (no matter how many hands you have) and will have a separate setting for how often your hands should refresh from the database.

There is also going to be an option for setting how long the mucked hands display.

As for your question, what version are you using? If you are using version 0.24, what game/limit are you playing?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:15 PM

V0.24 and .25/.50 Poker Stars

Thanks,
POKhER.