Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 06:39 PM

Default AA - am I a wuss?

Table is ridiculously loose, esp. for PP 1/2, but Villan is new to the table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Preflop raise in EP, I put him on AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT/AK/AQ (at worst).

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Stop-n-go'ing me on this flop makes me nervous of KK/JJ/KJs(?). I raise to try and find out what's going on.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Is he setting me up with two-pair/trips, or does he really have nothing? I bet, planning to call a c/r and check-call the river.

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Since he didn't c/r me on the turn, I let this check through, justifying it to myself that I wouldn't be called by a worse hand. Anybody value-betting, here?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: AA - am I a wuss?

bet the river, be happy to call a check raise.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 PM

You are indeed a wuss.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I let this check through, justifying it to myself that I wouldn't be called by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could see you getting called by KQ, AK and QQ and those are just if the guy's a reasonable player. Definitely bet that river.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table is ridiculously loose, esp. for PP 1/2, but Villan is new to the table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Preflop raise in EP, I put him on AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT/AK/AQ (at worst).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fairly narrow range for an unknown. While those are the hands to focus on, you need to be a bit more broad with the range than that. At least consider KQ, AJ, 99, ATs, and KJs.

You're holding two of the aces, and by being so narrow in your view you limit yourself to thinking about an even more narrow collection of hands (AA+AK+AQ = 17 hands given you have AA... If you you didn't have them, AA+QK+AQ = 38 hands).

[ QUOTE ]
Stop-n-go'ing me on this flop makes me nervous of KK/JJ/KJs(?). I raise to try and find out what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you expect to find out with his raise? What happened? What do you conclude? I don't see where you used this information at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Since he didn't c/r me on the turn, I let this check through, justifying it to myself that I wouldn't be called by a worse hand. Anybody value-betting, here?

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ calls, QJ calls, timid AK calls, QQ calls. Against an unknown, I expect to be raised somewhere if there's a hand better than top pair out there. Set is very unlikely, two pair hands are possibilities -- but still unlikely. KQ and QJ are the hands I would expect to see.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had any of those he probably wouldn't be doing the Stop/Go routine. With no read you have no reason to put him on such a limited range (based solely on the pre-flop raise). I'd say AK based on his post-flop play. (then again I suck at hand reading...)

Top pair but worried about two pair/aces.

Viper GTS
Old 07-28-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I let this check through, justifying it to myself that I wouldn't be called by a worse hand. Anybody value-betting, here?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many worse hands that call you here it's unbelievable. This is such an easy value bet.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM

yes. your initial range of hands is way too narrow. he didn't cap, so i discount AA, KK, AKs as not probable since almost everyone would cap there. without a read, i'd say 77+, any two face cards including tens, and even possibly some low sooted connectors 89s, if he's a bit crazy.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Why wouldn't a pair call here? AK, KQ are very likely, maybe QQ.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Bet river, Only hand i see your behind that might raise is KJs(Maybe KJo but i doubt it).

Or he may miss the flop totally.
i say your good to bet this river. If he didnt checkraise turn/Bet river...

Why will he checkraise river? Not many do.