Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Stars vs. Party

Okay quick question for those of you SSNLers out there. I want to clear the bonus at Stars but it is proving to be a mega bitch at SSNL because the pots rarely get large enough. I can get there if I just just keep plugging away, but how much am I losing by playing at Stars instead of Party. Let's say I can make 9 PTBB/100 at Party, what would you expect me to be able to make at Stars? Should I just skip the bonus and go back to Party?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Stars vs. Party

Oh, and sorry one more quick thing, how much tougher would the stars NL50 game be than the NL25?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 AM

I don't think there are any specific answers here. General consensus is that Party is more fishy than anything. That's really it.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and sorry one more quick thing, how much tougher would the stars NL50 game be than the NL25?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't play $25 for too long, but I found it much tigher, this might not be too accurate, though. There are a few regular $25'ers here that can give you better response. I can tell you that $50 and $100 aren't much different. $200 is also very fishy.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:46 AM

I have moved from 25 to 200 over the last 6 months at party.
Basically it seems the players skill level steadily increses as you move up in buy in but it does not increase THAT much. If you are making 9bb/100 and you have the bankroll I suggest you move up.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 AM

Okay thanks, one quick question. I like to multi-table and really use PT to help with making decisions and gametime in particular. How do you use PT most effectively with stars? I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like gametime will overlay stars. I can import the stars hands, but how do I go about looking at stats quickly when playing four tables?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer this as I have very little experience in these games on stars, but if you have the roll for it why not give it a shot. At most sites there isn't a crazy change in the lowest levels.

However to really be able to clear the bonus at stars you probably need to be playing 100NL. It's pretty infrequent for the smaller limits to reach the $20 pot size that is required to cound towards a FPP.

The good thing about the stars bonus is that it never expires. So if I were you I would concentrate on sites with easier bonuses until you have a roll to play in the 100 games or higher. While you don't have any bonuses to clear at other sites check the games at stars to see if they look good. If so hop in and you might get a few FPP. Just don't play specifically at stars to clear the bonus if the games suck, but are good at party.

Also apparently ever once and a while they offer a short period of time where they offer double FPP. So keep an eye out for that.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay thanks, one quick question. I like to multi-table and really use PT to help with making decisions and gametime in particular. How do you use PT most effectively with stars? I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like gametime will overlay stars. I can import the stars hands, but how do I go about looking at stats quickly when playing four tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gametime+ does work at stars. Maybe it was added after the version you have. Make sure you have the most current version.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:53 AM

You can also clear the bonus at Stars by playing SNGs. You get 5 FPPs for each $1 paid in tourney fees. So you can clear the bonus by playing 120 of the $10 + 1 SNGs, or 60 $20 + 2 SNGs, and so forth.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm in the same boat, prefering to take 'stupid' money at NL25 and NL50 tables. And yes it is a good thing that it never expires because it will take a long time. I've thought about opening a NL100 game but I feel like I'm just coming into my own at the levels I've been playing and It's paying pretty well. I prefer Stars over PP for competition, but I'm sure many would argue the other way. NL50 games are slightly tougher, less pure idiot play, than the NL25. I use GT with no problem on Stars.

Z
Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 PM

Okay good to know. It seems like it will take forever to clear that bonus at NL25, but maybe not as bad at NL50, so I might try that. Why aren't all bonuses as easy to clear as the 200/20% party ones?