Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Overcards...

I feel like this situation occurs a lot (especially in the big downswing I am in now) and I just don't know what to do. I think that two bets is a clear indicator that a fold is necessary, but what if it was only one bet and a caller, then what should I do? I am going to re-read SSH on playing overcards, but I would appreciate any help.

Party Poker 10 Handed
UTG is LPP and pretty bad
Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 Folds, Hero Raises, 4 Folds, SB Calls, BB Calls, UTG Calls.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB Checks, BB Bets, UTG Raises, Hero...Folds???

BTW - Is there something wrong with Bison's hand convertor, I can't seem to get it to work anymore.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: here

Hm, that looks like a poker hand to me. Maybe Hold'Em, but I'm not sure since you magically appear in the hand on the Turn.

Anything you want to do with this? Ask a question, perhaps? Give some reads? Let us know what limit this is? Anything?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:29 AM

Sorry, hit the wrong damn button too many times in a row. Actual post is available now.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, hit the wrong damn button too many times in a row. Actual post is available now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I believe you need to take out "Texas " from the hand history. Sorry for being an ass [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whoa, that's a completely different hand too. Ordinarily a paired rainbow board would be great for you, but obviously they have different opinions about this and you're gonna get sandwiched. I'd chuck it, espeically getting at 2:14 at best assuming it's not reraised, and we're lucky if we have three outs here.

Edit: with a bet and call, I think I'd probably raise to drive out the SB. We aren't quite getting odds for three overcard outs, but we should make enough extra if we spike an A or K on the turn to see us through, and I see no reason to think none of them are clean. If we're 3-bet after that then I'd call and fold the turn U/I--I'm not ready to give credit for trips yet but he at least has a pair of nines.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Overcards...

grunch

I think if you face a raise it is clear that you have to fold. you are getting 11-2 on overcards without any draw. -> fold

If you had only one bet and a caller its not that clear. you're getting 10-1 (11-1 if SB calls) and the paired board gives you're ace more value. I think it's a close decision between folding and raising, depending on your reads (without reads I raise but I am not sure if that should be default play).
raising would be better than calling cause it might buy a free card and should show you what you're up against (and might drive A9 and K9 out of the pot).
If 3bet I fold grudgingly.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 AM

unless your read on UTG is terribly wrong you are crushed and this is a supereasy fold
Old 07-28-2005, 07:21 AM

I'm dumping this almost every time unless both players are maniacs.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:38 AM

You can't really call this
Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 PM

Easiest Fold Ever.

Better title is Call Two With Overcards On Paired Board? Then no one would have to read the post. They could just reply .... Fold.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:25 PM

With 1 bet and a caller you could probably peel one off and call.

The flop is not encouraging, but the better and caller may be on a straight draw or a top pair that you could draw out on.

However you would still need to fold this hand unimproved in the face of strong agression. The only thing that would make it worth a call for 1 bet is that there is no flush draw on the flop.