hand (I semi-bluff bet the flop/betted for info,but
of course shouldn't of called the raise let alone
the turn bet) Nevertheless, the raise on the flop
gave me the info that Im almost 100% sure CO has
the str8, but I don't have a good read on MP1,
although I figured him for a flush draw. I
(poorly played enough) have found my self in this
situation a couple times and haven't decided to
bet, or just check/call against possible quads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in red below: <font color="#FF0000">
Hero has As Kd Ks 4d (High: full house, tens full of kings).
MP1 has Js 3h Ah 5h (High: three of a kind, tens).
CO has 7h 8h 4c Jh (High: straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>
Old 07-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: A4KK ds rivered full house=bet?

Wow. Nice river...maybe.

If nothing else, I think this shows that you can pull a dream card (of course the REAL dream card would have been one of the other 2 kings) and still not be sure if you are ahead or WAAAAAY behind.

You got lucky. Good job. But, as you said, I would have thrown this hand away on the turn.

Dave
Old 07-28-2005, 09:29 AM

Raise preflop? Why?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:41 AM

Double suited, good low, good high...after everyone has already decided whether or not if they want to be in the hand.

That looks like a great time to raise.

There are very few flops that this hand won't be in good position with so he can continue with the pressure.

If the hand does completely miss him, then he can check while many people will think he is trying a check/raise so he can see the turn for free.

Dave
Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 AM

Pre-flop:
Not so crazy about a raise here. In PL I would pot it but that would actually get people to fold. You have a decent but not great hand and you will be OOP every betting round. The raise isn't totally bad because you are ds but I would still check here.

Flop:
I like the bet. Gives you good info and the board is pretty ragged (except for the 78 str8) so you may take it down right here or at the very least clean up your backdoor low draw. CO raises! So you didn’t take it down, in fact CO woke up with a hand. I would think a about tossing it here but you are getting 14:1 and you have 3 backdoor draws so I would begrudging call another SB.

Turn:
So none of your draws are live and CO is still firing. He is either playing the flopped str8 and bet because he was checked to or he just filled up. Either way he has you destroyed so run for the hills.

River:
I would bet. The way that this hand went down I think that it is unlikely that either of your opponents have AA or the 10 and at this level people will call you with 44.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:37 PM

If you're going to bother calling on the turn (was that a misclick?) then you might as well bet the river.

Nothing cracks me up more than when some fool chases down a miracle card and then doesn't bet when it comes.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 PM

Hey thanks for the good advice.
It wasn't a misclick on the turn, but more of a
Im playing 4 tables and not paying enough
attention as I should be...
I think in the future I will probably not be in
on the river on a hand like this, but if I am I
will bet it, Im still undecided on the preflop
raise, I think the hand is strong enough to put
one out there, but I can see how being oop and
the fact that nobody is going to fold affects that.
Thanks!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:41 AM

Wiseheart - On the fourth betting round if you bet this board that shows three tens and are raised, do you plan to call the raise? Will any of your opponents call your bet without a ten or a pair of aces?

Forget the money that is already in this pot. Assuming you plan to call a bet (or raise), whoever has the winning hand will get the money that is already in the pot. A bet here would be all about risking a bet or two to possibly collect an additional single big bet from someone who would pay you off with a weaker hand.

I don't think anyone will fold a ten or a pair of aces here. Thus you're going to get called (by aces) or raised (by a ten) if you bet and are up against a better hand.

And you may not get called if you bet and have the best hand.

The prime consideration here is: If you bet, will you collect more often from someone calling this fourth round bet with a hand weaker than yours than you will lose to someone with a hand stronger than yours?

Another possible consideration (assuming you plan to call a bet if you check) is you might collect more often from someone behind you trying to steal one than you will collect by betting yourself.

What to do depends on the particular opponents who are in the hand and what they think a bet here from you means.

Note that you are out of position. You have to act before your opponents and you don't know what they will do.

In this particular case, since you turned out to have the winning cards, and since there was no bet on the fourth betting round, you're wondering if maybe you missed a bet.

However, you could not forsee that they would all check behind you.

Although in this particular case you did miss a bet on the fourth betting round, you probably do better, overall, by checking and calling here, rather than betting yourself.

Just my opinion.

Buzz