Default Fire a 3rd bullet?

$25 PL Omaha Hi/Lo (6 handed)

SB ($24.75)
BB ($20.23)
UTG ($43.45)
MP2 ($12.50)
LP2 ($25.03)
OTB ($34.44)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">(3 folds)</font>, OTB calls [$0.25], <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises [$0.90]</font>, <font color="#666666">(1 fold)</font>, OTB calls [$0.75]

I am very sure that I have the best hand so I want to make them pay to play

Flop: <font color="#009933">($2.15)</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets [$2.15]</font>, OTB calls [$2.15]

Great flop for my hand. Nut low draw on a very ragged board

Turn: <font color="#009933">($6.25)</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets [$6.25]</font>, OTB calls [$6.25]

Total brick. WTF is he calling me with

River: <font color="#009933">($18.75)</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">OTB bets [$8]</font>, Hero ??

I can't decide if this is a milking bet or a busted low draw scared bluff. With him flat calling on both the flop and turn the only hands that I beat are busted low draw and a very determined player with KK, however the odds are good.

OTB was a very loose calling station. Anyone fire again on the river? What is your play after he bets? Does everyone play the rest of the hand the same way?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Fire a 3rd bullet?

Tough spot.

His relatively small bet seems to scream “please call”; so I’d put him on a backdoor flush. If he was bluffing or had a marginal hand I’d expect a larger bet amount. His series of flat calls on that board should mean A3 very often, and I can’t see many sidecards that can both call the flop, not raise the turn, and have a strong hand on the river.

I’d err on the side of folding but arguments can be made for calling.

-greg
Old 07-27-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His relatively small bet seems to scream “please call”

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it does, we havent talked about these bets on the river on the boards, but they happen sometimes. When someone bets like this its usually a way of begging for a call. Itd say backdoor flush as well, he pretty much typed, "come on just 8 bucks call me please."
Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Maybe this is only an affliction at the $25 tables but this bet could also be a bluff with a busted low draw. Sometimes bad players will get too scared to do a full out bluff so they will bet a small amount then wonder why people are calling them.

My gut said milking bet too, but a bad bluff isn't out of the realm of possibility (this player was really bad).