Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 AM

Default deep stack 2/4 nl 6max

no reads, sorry, except villain seems solid, has built his stack up, and hasn't gotten noticeably out of line. i am three tabling.

i have 625, villain has 850

hero deal 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in bb.
utg fold, villain in mp1 limps, mp2 folds, co and button limp, sb compeltes, 5 to the flop

flop (20) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero leads for 16. villain raises to 46. everyone fold, hero calls.

turn is a J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero checks, villain bets 70, hero??? i have 575 left, villain has me covered.

all comments appreciated.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: deep stack 2/4 nl 6max

I like making it 250 to go total. Hell fold the non flush hands and probably push his high flush hands (therefore Id fold to a push). With a set or maybe the A of diamonds hed call, and barring the river pairing, id push.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell fold the non flush hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With a set or maybe the A of diamonds hed call

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
and barring the river pairing, id push.

[/ QUOTE ]

You push on [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:47 AM

I'm raising this turn and I'll tell you why. You have not played your hand like someone that has a made flush so far. You led the flop, just called the raise and then checked the blank turn. You look like somone with top pair w/draw or two pair type hand. His range is pretty large right now b/c you've told him that you are afraid of his hand by the turn check. This gives him the green light to bet his top pair, two pair, set, or even naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The only way you are going to find out whats going on is to pop the turn to like 180 - 200 ish. If he quickly pushes then its decision time. I think even if he does that you can still put him on hands that you beat, this is very read dependant and lacking a read you may have to fold to the re-raise. First things first though, raise the turn. I would have re-raised the flop, but since you played it that way, raise the turn.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:14 PM

i popped it up to 250. he put me all in for my last 325. standard fold?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no reads, sorry, except villain seems solid, has built his stack up, and hasn't gotten noticeably out of line. i am three tabling.

hero deal 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in bb.
utg fold, villain in mp1 limps, mp2 folds, co and button limp, sb compeltes, 5 to the flop

flop (20) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

time to go into call down mode. underrepresent your hand to keep his bluffs and his bigger flushes. raising the turn here is a nightmare cos you have to call a push and you're most often drawing dead against it.

fim
Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

time to go into call down mode. underrepresent your hand to keep his bluffs and his bigger flushes. raising the turn here is a nightmare cos you have to call a push and you're most often drawing dead against it.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a very good line.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I wouuld do aswell. Just call him down.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:50 PM

yeah, shouulda check called turn and done same on river, or possibly value bet river. i went bust on this one. oh well. thakns for commenst
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd call, block bet 150 on blank river and fold to a push. this way whether the board pairs or not you'll find out if you were good all along, he'll call w/ flush (might be lower?) and raise a fh. on blank he'll only push w/ high flushes.

also, block bet is better because call down mode oop loses value from sets on blank rivers.