Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Good job or too fast ?

PP 400 6-max

Villain is Laggy McLaggerson, minraising pf often, calling subsequent reraises with trash, and generally being quite loose and fairly aggro. He has been playing his big hands a little differently though - betting em smallish and getting paid. Hes also calling off big bets with horrible lumps of muck.

So on to the hand

Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (600)
Villain is MP somewhere (1000)
Others are insignificant

Preflop
folded to villain who minraises (8), folded to hero who makes it 30 to go, villain calls, all fold

Flop (Pot 62)
T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets 45, villain minraises to 90, hero pushes, villain folds.

Better lines please ?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Good job or too fast ?

i dont think you played that too fast. Seems to me that he was betting hoping taht you missed and didnt have a club. I think if you had simply called the bet you probably wouldnt have gotten much more out of him anyway. I like the raise because even if he plays back at you or just calls it you know where you are.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Good job or too fast ?

Why did you 3-bet all in? He doesnt fold any worse hands and he doesnt call any losers. Seems a bit pointless. And if you did it to get him to fold the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and avoid a messy [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn...well he's very unlikely to min raise the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on this flop so that holding seems far fetched.

I'd make it at least 35 preflop, and I'd call his min raise on the flop, and probably check raise the turn.