Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 PM

Default 1/2 AKs button

I'm normally a limit player, but 1/2 was the only game going at the local club at the time and looked weaker than normal. The big blind in this hand was very LAG, had already burned $500 lagging it up, and was on his way through his 2nd. I have played limit with the other player in the hand on several times and find him to be pretty solid. I have about $300 and both have me covered.

Solid player raises to 15 in EMP. There are 2 cold callers, and I have AKh on the button. I make it 55 to go. The BB calls (he had defended just about every time) and the original raiser calls after asking how much I had behind ($245). Both cold callers fold. Flop is Jh Th X. Both check to me.

With about $185 in the pot, I assume my play here is to push. I would also like comments on preflop.

Thanks,
Old 07-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2 AKs button

I'd push it there. You probably take it down, which is just fine.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: 1/2 AKs button

yes, push. the solid player could have QQ which he'll fold or made a very loose call preflop and hes checked a set of jacks on the flop. but whatever, your hand is something to put it in with and have fun