Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Help me Up my Aggro

Nice 2/4 table somewhere. Loose callingstations.

PF: UTG limps, I limp with black 77, 2 more limpers and BB comes.

Flop: 369 with two clubs. UTG (TAG who plays solid, but goes on tilt sometimes) bets (capable of betting the flush draw), Hero ?

I thought about raising, but the guys behind me tend to call with any piece of the board. I thought about calling the flop and raising the turn, but UTG will not bet a flush draw on the turn and if he does bet it means I'm beat. So I folded. Should I have?
Old 07-25-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Help me Up my Aggro

I don't know what your position is on this hand, but I generally raise here PF.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:36 PM

I think you ought to continue with this hand, and if you do choose to continue, a raise on the flop is by far the best path to take. You can't really narrow UTG's holding yet, but a flush draw seems fairly likely. Perhaps a hand like JTs or something, no way of knowing so soon. A raise will protect your hand and, as a side benefit with some value, offer you more information about UTG's holding.

The players behind you will not automatically call 2 bets with anything, and if they do, you profit immensely! Why don't you want to be called by players who are drawing with, I'm assuming, incorrect odds? This is how you extract coin to put the bacon on the table, my friend.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:37 PM

I was in EP.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:41 PM

I have no problem with this fold. The pot is very small and your position sucks considering you can't limit the field with a flop raise and villian won't bet a hand your ahead on the turn. If your hand is best now (which is dubious) you're very vulnerable and your implied odds suck.

I would certainly raise if there was a decent chance to get this HU but lacking that I let this one go too.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 PM

for the reasons you stated, i think a fold is the right move. ull have to up your aggro some other way.

imo, oop at a loose table, small/med pps arent very great without flopping a set...
Old 07-25-2005, 03:54 PM

If you can limit his hands to flush draws with overcards and hands that have you beat I think that this is a good fold. Not to mention your hand is vunerable to the looseys behind pretty much regardless of their holding. Nice hand.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Couple thoughts...

It seems like the players behind you would have no problem cold-calling PF had you raised. If that's true I limp. If they can find the fold button - I like raising the TAG because they'll typically give up UI or at least give free/cheap cards by checking their draws if it's HU.

I think a flop fold is fine. When I look at the range that a TAG will limp UTG and then lead a 2-suit, low-card flop I think that even though you might be best at the moment - you're likely a dog to win the hand. It's a little better with the 2 bad players behind you padding the pot - but I still think it's an easy fold.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:40 PM

This hand is remarkably similar to this hand.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:49 PM

Toss,

I don't think the fold is really bad. But...

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about raising, but the guys behind me tend to call with any piece of the board. I thought about calling the flop and raising the turn, but UTG will not bet a flush draw on the turn and if he does bet it means I'm beat. So I folded. Should I have?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just calling the flop and folding the turn unimproved, betting a favorable card if checked to, seems like a decent option considering this.