Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Stars - FPP bugette

So i was playing one of the new FPP WCOOP 500FPP satellite tournaments last night, and to my mild annoyance got booted out on the bubble thereby winning a mere 3000 FPP points. [Note to self, must work on late tournament play.]

A minute or so later, there was an email from stars telling me that i had just cleared my WCOOP bonus, which was a little strange since before the tournie i'd had some 550 points to go. At which point it dawned on me what must have happened.

So if anybody has a bunch of stars bonuses stacked up, you may want to try entering the FPP tournaments and deliberately busting out on the bubble, to see if you get an insta-clear. I suspect this is a bug with the new tournaments that award according to the number of players in the tournie, since if you take the FPP's rather than the satellite seat on one of these it definitely doesn't count against your bonus.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Stars - FPP bugette

Wow, that would be a quick way for those folks with stacked bonuses to clear them. Of course, if they have stacked bonuses, they don't play at PS very often, and probably don't have the FPPs to enter a tournament...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:37 PM

And the seat is worth more than 500 points of bonus, isn't it?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:44 PM

Damn that sucks, I still haven't deposited for the bonus but bubbled on a qualifier and got 12k FPP :S
Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that would be a quick way for those folks with stacked bonuses to clear them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I've got something like 800 FPPs -- if I manage to hit the bubble in one of those tournies, that'd be about a $480-in-cash "bubble" for me.

So what exactly was the payout structure of that tournament? How many people entered, how many seats, how many FPPs given back?

(I bubbled out of one of the $11 rebuy sats to event 1 the other day -- I should be able to bubble out of a FPP tourney just as handily :P )
Old 07-25-2005, 05:13 PM

The payout was one seat for every 10 people entered, (500 fpp entrance fee each), so you would just need one with an odd number of entrants. They run several of these a day - i find i usually win about 1 in 4, which makes them a nice FPP generator. Play is a little whacky in the first hour, but not quite as bad as the freerolls.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:57 PM

damnit. I just purposely bubbbled in a stars FPPs tourney to try and insta clear all my bonuses. They fixed this bug unfortunately.