Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 AM

Default TS Trip Report + Kenny Rogers Slots!!!!!

This weekend, my girlfriend and I decided to trip up to my college for Friday night, and then spend Saturday night at Turning-Stone. The original plan was to spend the weekend in AC, but since I am not 21 yet, I figured I can’t get the poker rate, and there is no way I’m paying $400 for a room.

Anyway, we leave Cornell and arrive at Turning-Stone at about 3:30 PM on Saturday. We try to check in for our room, but they said it is not ready yet, so we check our bags and hit the gaming floor. Usually I go to TS to play marathon sessions, but today my objectives were slightly different. I only planned on playing for about an hour so I could get the poker rate on my room. All I wanted to do was to make enough to cover the cost of the room, dinner and gas. $200 would get the job done. My girlfriend went to play the slots (damn slots) and I sat down at the 300nl table. I hadn’t planned on playing this high, but the other nl games had a big list so I decided to suck it up and sit down.

My second hand on the table I ($300) picked up AQ on the MP3 and raised 3 limpers to 25 and got one caller (has me covered). Flop AKK.
Check to me I bet 25, villain raises to 50. I think and raise to 125 and villain calls
Villain pushes the turn which was a blank and I folded.

So now I’m sitting on about $150 and I decided to go to the ATM to get some money to fill up.

The next big hand I($350) play I have T8d UTG+1, and I limp hoping to get more limpers. (typically this game is loose preflop). 4 others call and we take the
Flop($30) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 I lead for 25, and an older guy (has me covered) is calling before he even knows my bet size. The others fold. I have this guy squarely on the flush draw.
Turn($80) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet 50, and again villain is stacking his chips to call before he knows my bet.
River($180) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I decide to check and hope to induce a bluff. Sure enough villain bets 60, I call and he tabled Q6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3 hands later I ($510) pick up 67o in the button. 3 limpers to me and I call and a solid player($350) makes it 25 from the SB. The 3 limpers call, so I also call.
Flop($125) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to me and I bet 50 hoping everyone missed. Upon reflection, I think this was a horrendous bet on my part. I thought SB had a big pair preflop but when he checked AK crossed my mind. Anyway the SB minraised me to 100 and the others folded. I called the 50 knowing if I hit I would most likely get the rest of his stack.
Turn($225) 8 :clubs: Villain open pushes, I call his JJ is drawing dead.

The next hand I($970) pick up AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO. UTG + 1 makes it 25, 2 callers to me and I make it 90 to go. Only one caller (the old guy with the flush draw from the hand above). I missed the flop, but took it down with a continuation bet and my stack is now $1110.

Around this time, I have been playing for about an hour and my girlfriend stops by and tells me she has won 50 bucks in the nickel slots (I didn’t even know that was possible!) she says she is going to play a little more and I tell her I will be done in about 15 minutes.

A few hands later, I($1110) pick up AQ in MP2 and it folds to MP1($400) who makes it 15. Typically in this game people call 15 with any two, but do not call reraises as often so I make it 30. To my dismay MP3 (500) CO (500) and button (600) all call along with the original raiser.
Flop($150) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to me and I lead for 80. CO calls and MP1 calls
At this point I think I have the best hand. I am positive CO would have raised with a set or two-pair, and MP1 is a moron who at best has KQ or QJ, or might even have AK
Turn($390) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Checked to me and like I said above I truly believe my hand is good. I bet $200 and CO calls without thinking. MP1 thinks for a little and then folds.
At this point I am putting villain on a big draw I figure he had JT and just picked up the spade draw as well.
River($790) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check, villain checks ?!?!?! and my hand was good…never got to see villains hand but I didn’t care. My stack was now at $1590. I cashed out 15 minutes later with $1400, a profit of $900 in just under an hour and a half.

This was all the poker I played on the trip, but I would like to share with you some of the slots experience I shared with my girlfriend after a fabulous dinner at Rodizios. She was playing the nickel slots…which is actually like $.45 a spin because u bet a nickel on like each of 9 lines. Anyway she is doing crappy and I tell her to switch to a different game. I see this game with none other than “the Gambler”, Kenny Rogers himself on the picture and I make her play this game for a little while.

This game has a feature called the “Free Spin Express” where if you get 3 pictures of the train anywhere on the board, the u get to take a ride on this crazy train!! Anyway after a bunch of losing spins she finally gets this bonus free spin thing, and up comes a new screen where you have to pick one boxcar from 2 different sets of 3. The significance of picking these boxcars is to see how many free spins u get, and what bonus u get on each spin. You can get up to 6 free spins at a 6X bonus She is about to randomly pick 2 boxcars, when I picked up a tell on the machine. One of the sets of boxcars had a red one, a green one, and a yellow one. I tell her to pick the yellow one because I feel that people would pick yellow the least of any other boxcar and sure enough it was the 6 free spin boxcar. The other set of boxcars was: green, blue, and red. I tell her to pick blue because it was much darker of a color than the bright green and bright red, and again sure enough this was the 6X bonus. The machine now started going nuts and when the smoke cleared she (I) had won $80 on that one spin.

This was it for the gamb00ling on the trip…I can’t wait to go back up for the Empire Poker Series in Augest. I hope to see a bunch of you two+two ers there.

Falker
Old 07-25-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: TS Trip Report + Kenny Rogers Slots!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Around this time, I have been playing for about an hour and my girlfriend stops by and tells me she has won 50 bucks in the nickel slots (I didn’t even know that was possible!) she says she is going to play a little more and I tell her I will be done in about 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out the most important part.

What did she say upon seeing that your $300 had become 10+ stacks of red chips in less than an hour and a half?

Did she really come and tell you how much she'd won at nickel slots and not notice your giant mound of chips? At that game you must have been at least one of the three biggest stacks at the table; I feel like there must have been at least a little bit of "wow, honey.. that's a mighty big.... stack you have there!"
Old 07-25-2005, 09:42 AM

I had the biggest stack at the table set up in pyramid style of course. She looked excited but didnt really comment on it. I think she didnt want to bother me.

Falker
Old 07-25-2005, 10:55 AM

They had those Kenny Rogers slots at the Aladdin in Vegas when I was out there about a month ago. Didn't play them (I hate slot machines) but I thought it was kind of funny and my gf took a picture of one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 11:05 AM

I'd like to shred this line-by-line but I'm lazy.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:17 AM

Are you saying you thought my play was bad?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice contribution to the forum.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice contribution to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2005, 09:47 PM

So.. You picked up a tell on the slot machine. hmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So.. You picked up a tell on the slot machine. hmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...Classic weak means strong...tells from actors, thanks Mike Caro

-Falker