Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Flopped a set, but after raising, I\'m facing a reraise and push

Alright, so this hand happened about twenty minutes ago and I was kind of in the moment so I called, but now I wonder if that was the right play. UTG+2 limps (20/3.5/2.00) and MP1 raises it up (56/18/1.10) so I call, another guy later calls and the original limper calls. I have enough poker tracker info to know the UTG+2 looks pretty tight, a little weak, and the guy who raised is more or less a maniac, very LAG. So the flop comes and I'm golden, but after the maniac bets $1, I raise to $4, and then there is a checkraise from UTG+2 to $7 and the maniac pushes. Now I raised and I'm facing two reraises. Can I put either guy on a bigger set here? I don't think I can, but looking back at it, what do I think the limper has -- only KQ really seems plausible. I guess I can't get away from it, set over set, and I know that, just wondering if anyone has any line where they fold here.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO folds, MP1 calls 18.20 (All-In), Hero calls 23.30 (All-In).

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

Oh, results, maniac shows AK, and UTG+2 has QQ. Bummer. That and an AA all-in preflop beat by KK lost me about two buyins today, but oh well. Weekends are the time to play poker anyway, that's when all the fish come out...
Old 07-24-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Flopped a set, but after raising, I\'m facing a reraise and push

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so this hand happened about twenty minutes ago and I was kind of in the moment so I called, but now I wonder if that was the right play. UTG+2 limps (20/3.5/2.00) and MP1 raises it up (56/18/1.10) so I call, another guy later calls and the original limper calls. I have enough poker tracker info to know the UTG+2 looks pretty tight, a little weak, and the guy who raised is more or less a maniac, very LAG. So the flop comes and I'm golden, but after the maniac bets $1, I raise to $4, and then there is a checkraise from UTG+2 to $7 and the maniac pushes. Now I raised and I'm facing two reraises. Can I put either guy on a bigger set here? I don't think I can, but looking back at it, what do I think the limper has -- only KQ really seems plausible. I guess I can't get away from it, set over set, and I know that, just wondering if anyone has any line where they fold here.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO folds, MP1 calls 18.20 (All-In), Hero calls 23.30 (All-In).

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

Oh, results, maniac shows AK, and UTG+2 has QQ. Bummer. That and an AA all-in preflop beat by KK lost me about two buyins today, but oh well. Weekends are the time to play poker anyway, that's when all the fish come out...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are very specific, very rare situations where folding bottom set is usually correct. I'm not going to mention them since this isn't one of them.