Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 07:44 AM

Default nut-straight on turn

10-20 online, 5 handed or so. Ive been raising quite often preflop. I get T8s in CO and raise to 80 (standard), only BB calls. Flop comes 679r, I bet pot (165), bb calls pretty quickly.

Turn is a 3 completing the rainbow, pot 495. What is your plan for the rest of the hand? BB started the hand with 1900, I cover.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: nut-straight on turn

The three didn't help anyone and he seems to like his hand, so pot it again. If he calls, that will make the pot almost 1500. The only thing you are worried about on the river is the board pairing. If it doesn't, pot again or push.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:26 AM

I might check here. Since a flush isnt possible you have less to worry about. Yes it is a gamble but i think by checking here you might induce him to bluff at it. really only and 8 Q and 10 hurt your hand So i might gamble her by giving a free card. I think by doing this you play for his whole stack not just a bet. If you are going to bet 2/3 of the pot is good for me. I dont want to bet the pot just yet.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Remind me how a Q hurts him? The only cards that can hurt him are a 10, 8, 6, 7, 9 or 3. That's too many cards to give a free one in my opinion. 3/4 pot it, IMO.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:58 AM

There are a lot of cards that make you not like your hand on the river, but I think this is a good time to check. The board really doesn't have any obvious draws so he probably has a hand like 1 pair, which is drawing dead to you. I think I would check behind and hope he bets the river, if he checks river I bet 3/4 pot.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Gotta bet this.

If he has nothing or a weakish hand, maybe you'll get $300 out of him if you check here.

What about the times you check behind and the river makes him a better hand?

What about when he has an overpair/set/2pr and is dying to get the money in asap?

You want to get as much $ in this pot as possible, I go at least $400.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:17 PM

If your playing LAG, you have to use your LAG image, therefore you must bet the turn. However, I would bet the same way you would bet with a second barrel bluff here as compared to just betting pot. You need to be able to disguise your hands when your strong as well as weak and not give too much information to your opponent. Assuming he calls and the river is a blank I would bet 1/2-2/3 of the pot on river for value (bet size dependent on turn bet in relation to his stack size).
Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 PM

I would bet around pot, maybe slightly more. Villian had to have some sort of hand to call you on this board. The only draw (though terrbile) is 45 which we should note would have just hit. I would assume he has two pair. He might just have a hand like A9, which you might scare away but I tend to heir on the side of betting in these situations, bc if villian has a monster you will get paid off...and i never want to miss out on any of these situations.

Falker