Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Folded fullhouse on river...

10/20 live game, fairly new to the table. CO seems a bit aggressive but nothing to out of the ordinary. Button just sat down, no reads. Heres how it went down:
I open in UTG with AKo.
CO 3 bets, button caps, SB calls, BB calls, I call.
FLOP: A Q 2 rainbow
both the blinds check and i bet, CO raises, Button calls, both blinds fold, I 3 bet, CO calls button calls.
Turn: 2
I bet, CO raises, button cold calls, i call.
river: 2
I check with intent to call a bet. CO bets, Button calls, i call two cold, CO 3 bets and button caps. I fold.

what do you guys think? where did i go wrong if i did?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Folded fullhouse on river...

You are only losing to AA, QQ or a deuce. Given the action it's likely you'll see one of these. Is it as likely as seeing Ax and Ax or Ax and Qx ? Or a deuce? I think you have to make a judgement, against unknowns I think you gotta call. Tough one though.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are only losing to AA, QQ or a deuce. Given the action it's likely you'll see one of these. Is it as likely as seeing Ax and Ax or Ax and Qx ? Or a deuce? I think you have to make a judgement, against unknowns I think you gotta call. Tough one though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the CO has AA/QQ her a lot given he's raised every chance.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM

well...as it turned out, the CO has A5o for the same fullhouse as i did, and the button has Qx for worser full house...i couldnt believe it when i saw, although it woke me up a little bit as my mouth started watering at the prospects of sitting with these lambs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Against unknows i guess i couldve made a crying call, this wouldve just been one of those time where the crying call pays off...agains descent players, no way i make this call...yeah it was tough...thanks for the inputs