Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:38 AM

Default 40-80 Live: Can I find a call in this moster pot?

Disclaimer 1: There are no heros or villians in this hand, there is only donkeys, super donkeys, and uber donkeys. For what it is worth, "Hero" is a tilting donkey.

Disclaimer 2: Please do not comment on my pre-flop play. If anyone is wondering how I made it to the flop in the first place, please see Disclaimer #1.

--Ok, here is the hand. Fast forward to the flop, there are 8 people to the flop for 4 bets each. Hero is on the button with 7h6s and he is the one who capped the betting on the end. Flop is Ac3c8h. Both blinds check. UTG Super maniac uber donkey #1 bets, super mega maniac uber donkey #2 2 raises, it is folded to hero. UTG Super maniac uber donkey #1 has already grabbed his chips for the inevitable 3 bets. This player is neither sublte nor tricky, there will be At Least 3 bets going into this pot on the flop.

--At this point all "Hero" has is a runner-runner straight draw, but the pot is already humongous. For what it is worth UTG is emanating strength and definitely has a made hand. UTG +2 (who made the raise) is a complete fish and could have anything, so I do not have to be too paranoid about being up against a flush draw.

All that being said does anyone think the size of the pot here warrants a call/3-bet on the flop?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: 40-80 Live: Can I find a call in this moster pot?

[ QUOTE ]
All that being said does anyone think the size of the pot here warrants a call/3-bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? You're only getting like 10:1 or so, that's not nearly enough here. Fold.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:03 AM

Assuming that it is guaranteed 3 bet, I will be calling 3 or 4 small bets into a pot that will have 40+ small bets in it, remember there are 2 players that have not yet acted (the two blinds). So lets say I am getting 10-1, which I think is a little bit of an understatement. Is a runner runner straight worth this? This I think is the real decision.

Of course the other thing that I have to keep in mind is that if I catch some kind of straight draw on the turn I may have to call multiple bets where I will definitely be calling. Although a fold probably is in order here I do not think it is that clear cut of a call and is not as -EV as it may seem. Oh, and for the record, if I only had to call 1 bet on this flop I think the call is easy.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:08 AM

If it was runner-runner flush I'd take 10:1. Runner runner straight (trips/twopair whatever) it ain't good enough, so I fold.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:31 AM

fold... please don't let yourself become one of those uber-donkies that calls 4-bets on the flop and suddenly folds for one bet on a harmless turn.. when i see people like that at my table, i start salivating... i mean, you have like a one percent chance of hitting your straight, and even then it might not be good when you consider the two-flush on board... sorry, it's late, i had a long session.. fold!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:39 AM

change the 6s to 6h and you can call I think, but right now it's a fold
Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer 1: There are no heros or villians in this hand, there is only donkeys, super donkeys, and uber donkeys. For what it is worth, "Hero" is a tilting donkey.

Disclaimer 2: Please do not comment on my pre-flop play. If anyone is wondering how I made it to the flop in the first place, please see Disclaimer #1.

--Ok, here is the hand. Fast forward to the flop, there are 8 people to the flop for 4 bets each. Hero is on the button with 7h6s and he is the one who capped the betting on the end. Flop is Ac3c8h. Both blinds check. UTG Super maniac uber donkey #1 bets, super mega maniac uber donkey #2 2 raises, it is folded to hero. UTG Super maniac uber donkey #1 has already grabbed his chips for the inevitable 3 bets. This player is neither sublte nor tricky, there will be At Least 3 bets going into this pot on the flop.

--At this point all "Hero" has is a runner-runner straight draw, but the pot is already humongous. For what it is worth UTG is emanating strength and definitely has a made hand. UTG +2 (who made the raise) is a complete fish and could have anything, so I do not have to be too paranoid about being up against a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way its not worth it. But if you are contemplating a call why not raise. Since the Cap is ineveitable. FOLD please......
Old 07-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Ok. It seems to be a consensus that the best play here is to fold, that is probably the correct play. Of course the runner runner straight did come, and I did fold a winner on the flop in a pot that had 25+ BB in it. What can you do?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) become a calling station
b) realise that it's right that you folded 72 preflop when the flop came 722 cuz it's the exception that proves the rule....
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 PM

It is one thing to be a calling station. It is quite another thing to continue on a flop with any prayer of winning the pot when 32 small bets were put in preflop.