Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Defend blind, hit flop, put on skirt.

...a pleated skirt, like the ones Japanese schoolgirls wear. Something like this.

Villan in this hand is TAGgish; a known multitabler; I suspect he is making some odd check/raises in places but has not had to show them down yet.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Heroine is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Fool tried to steal my blind! I think A3o is g00t here and I am having none of that.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Heroine calls.

Fun times, playing TPNK. He then proceeds to checkraise me on the flop -- I seriously doubt he has an 8 (or would be playing it like this if he was), but an A or a PP of some kind is possible here. I slow down here either because I am owned hardcore or I own him hardcore.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Heroine checks.

I was not expecting that check at all. Did he give up? Is he trying to trifecta me? Weird. I check through because... um... I want to induce a bluff bet when he otherwise would not call a bet. Yeah. Or maybe I wear a skirt.

(Probably should have bet, and just called if he bet. Thoughts?)

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Heroine calls.

A raise here would be silly. He has one of the following:

-An A (not AK), and we feed the rake. Uncool.
-A PP. He may pay off, maybe maybe not. Probably. He probably would have bet the turn if he had a PP, though. Or not?
-8x, which is certainly jamming me here. That would make me sad.
-A stone-cold bluff, which is not getting paid.

Final Pot: 7 BB

-K
Old 07-20-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Defend blind, hit flop, put on skirt.

I've tried to reply to this a few times already, but I'm not happy with any course of action I'm happy with. Here's what I've settled on:

You played it fine. You've got the A w/ no kicker. He check-raised you. You're either way ahead or way behind. Get to showdown, but get there cheap. The check on the turn is fine, but I plan on betting the river if checked to again.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:56 AM

His check on the turn is pretty strange. If he has a big ace and he just c/red you, why does he think you will bet again?
It would be hard for villain to C/R you again on the turn w/o having a big ace. I think my line here is to bet the turn, and fold to a C/R knowing that I am only drawing at a split or drawing super thin or drawing dead.

Here's what I think villain is thinking

preflop "I have a small PP and/or 2 big offsuit cards. I'm gonna take down this pot. What are the chances BB has me beat? hmmmm.....zero? I raise!"

(After he gets 3 bet)
"Darn. This guy is trying to bluff me, or maybe he has a real hand. Hmmm. I call!"

flop
"hmmm. The ace came off. I'm angry cuz I don't have an ace. How can I get him to lay down his hand if he has a PP? HMMMMM. C/R!!!"

turn: "[censored]! He called me. I check. Dammit, he has an ace! Please don't bet. Pretty please"

River: "whoopeee. he checked behind. i KNEW he was holding cheese. I'm gonna make a razor thin value bet b/c I think my PP is good or I just hit my K."
Old 07-20-2005, 07:08 AM

well played.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:14 AM

I think you played it fine. The turn check is quite strange, and probably either means I'm incredibly strong (87), or very weak. I have been c/r twice a few times, and it's not that fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] By checking behind, you're either just paying him 1 bet when he's ahead and bets the river, or making him pay you one bet when he's behind. Also, most hands that he has and you beat only has two outs to beat you, which means that you only loose a quarter of a bet by giving him a free card.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:56 AM

I don't like the PF 3-bet with A3o. A3o is crap.
I prefer a 3-bet on the flop if he is doing a lot of C-Rs
The turn is an easy bet-fold to a raise.
I would raise the river. You have no kicker problem unless he has AK etc and you will win 1 more bet against lower pairs.