Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 AM

Default PokerRoom bonuses

So i signed up with PokerRoom to get the 50% bonus, and it tells me i have to earn 10x the bonus amount in what they call poker points. This means i deposited $350 for $175 bonus, and have to clear 1750 points before i get the bonus.

Ok so with that being clear, i've now got something like 1200 points left to clear after 3 tabling for 25 hours!!! This is absurd! Now, i can't find any info on how these points accrue, can anyone tell me if you get more points based on the rake size or something? I've been swapping between 0.5/1 and 1/2 tables trying to see if there is a difference but i can't tell.

Anyone else cleared the bonus there?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: PokerRoom bonuses

http://www.pokerroom.com/support/faq/questions.php?id=3
Old 07-19-2005, 10:39 AM

Yeah, at 50/1 it'll take awhile. I signed up for the max bonus I could get. I haven't played there since clearing the bonus. IIRC Bonuswhores says there have been issues with PR correctly calculating the raked hands you get. In other words they get the count wrong sometimes. I had the worst run of my young poker career there -200BB. I fought my way back enough to end up pocketing $60 with the bonus. It'll be awhile before I go back. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:34 AM

RUN, LEAVE THE BONUS AND RUN!!!!

In all seriousness I would not play there, it is really really loose, but too loose. Unless you are chasing the nuts every time it is a really hard place to play. Imagine SSHE and then not being able to apply the most important section of the book 'protecting your hand'.

I recently signed up at Bet on Bet (Calculates points the same way as PokerRoom, and is a skin of PokerRoom) for an initial deposit bonus and rakeback, and to clear $80 it took me over 7,000 hands. During those hands I broke even. Not super bad, but I think I would have done better playing elsewhere.

I am sure that you can beat the Poker Room game, but it is not a lot of fun to play against people who will call you down with everything. I don't understand how to play there, but if you can figure it out, you could make a fortune. (I try to play with a VPIP around 20% and PFR around 10, with Post Flop aggression (total) between 2.5 and 3.)

Amy
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness I would not play there, it is really really loose, but too loose. Unless you are chasing the nuts every time it is a really hard place to play. Imagine SSHE and then not being able to apply the most important section of the book 'protecting your hand'.

I recently signed up at Bet on Bet (Calculates points the same way as PokerRoom, and is a skin of PokerRoom) for an initial deposit bonus and rakeback, and to clear $80 it took me over 7,000 hands. During those hands I broke even. Not super bad, but I think I would have done better playing elsewhere.

I am sure that you can beat the Poker Room game, but it is not a lot of fun to play against people who will call you down with everything. I don't understand how to play there, but if you can figure it out, you could make a fortune. (I try to play with a VPIP around 20% and PFR around 10, with Post Flop aggression (total) between 2.5 and 3.)

Amy

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if the games are as loose as you say then they should be gold mines if you folow SSH. True, you will be sucked out more, but you will be able to value bet much more. These loose passive games are exactly the type that the book was meant to teach you how to beat. Also, if you did protect your hand with a bet or raise and get called by someone with poor odds you will make money. That's the whole point.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:05 PM

I KNOW!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But it doesn't work. I wish I was home now and I would post some of my PT screenshots of some days, which defied belief! I am not Exagerating here, I was 0 for 15 one day on the top 3% of hands (AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AQs, AJs, and KQs - It is a filter that I have in PT to see how I am doing on what I call 'Big Money Hands'). It seemed like every flop was coordinated and unless you had a Flush or Straight you were giong to lose.

I was really thinking that the site is rigged or something, the results I had there were VERY VERY VERY different from what I get at the three other sites that I play.

I am about 4.0 BB / 100 at the other sites I play (over 25k hands), with the same VPIP and PFR play. It may be that the site got into my head, but I am not sure. Either way, 4.0 bb / 100 at other sites and Break Even at Poker Room.

Same WTSD%, Same VPIP, Similar PFAF, Same PFR but very very different W$WSF (27% vs. ~34%) and W$@SD (45% vs. ~53%).

Like I said, it should be a gold mine as according to my analysis the average VPIP of opponents is about 2% higher at Poker Room then the other sites.

You just can not protect your hand, and I don't know if I could turn this off. If I recall, the biggest issue seemed to be 2 pair (on the misc tab of PT), I think that the win rate with 2 pair was just slightly above a pair (both around 30%) and the wins with 3 of a kind was only 50% (when only look at hands that were not folded). If I recall even the straight win was lower than expected (about 75%).

I did a TON of analysis on my play there, and realized that it was a very COLD COLD deck (beyond statistical variance, IMHO), and a Ton of suckouts.

Amy
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM

How many hands? I think it may take more hands than you think to overcome variance. If you don't think the site is rigged (and there is no reason to, please lets not go down that path) and the people are just playing poorly than you should have no problem in the long run. Also, winning percentages may not be the only indicator. Part of your other play may have contributed to not winning some of your hands. Then again, it could be just plain old bad luck. 4.0 for 25k hands is very good(almost unsustainable). In fact if you average the sites together perhaps you're running closer to about 2.5 which would be right about normal. Maybe that's what is happening and you are just skewing the numbers by looking at smaller samples of the whole.

Also, posting screenshots of some of your suckouts won't change my mind. I've seen them quite often. Many times while I'm playing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also ran quite bad for about 15k hands (.7bb/100) It wasn't the sites or the players calling down. If anything I was playing with players that weren't calling down enough. It was just variance (or perhaps my own shabby play. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Nah, it was variance. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 PM

Don't go for the Ultimate Bet $200 bonus either because it is the same gay thing.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Amy

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit are you playing there? This sounds nothing like the Pokerrom I've been playing at the last couple weeks. I've been playing the 1/2 and 2/4 and they are some of the weakest and tightest games I have encountered anywhere and I've been to quite a few sites in my many whorings...Most tables average 4-7BB's per hand and have 30-35% of players seeing the flop.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:57 PM

I have been playing .50/1.00 Average VPIP of players is about 32-34%. Average pots were about 7-8 BB.

Amy