Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Reraise with my Ace?

I've been playing mostly $50 buy-in, .50 big blind NLHE at Stars the last few days and I've found the short-handed six-person tables to be very aggressive.

I see a lot of raises with 10/Jo and K/Qo, etc., which is fine, but it's made me wonder: Should I reraise when I pick up A/yuck in a situation like this? Normally, I'd call and if an Ace comes on the flop, I call their flop bet and go from there. But am I missing out by not reraising preflop, especially if I'm confident they are raising with 10/J or K/Q?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Reraise with my Ace?

How can you be confident about what they are raising with? How can you be confident if you reraise with Ace 2 and get called, and flop an ace? Reraise premium hands, not garbage. I usually fold A-rag to a preflop raise unless i'm up against a known maniac.

If they are raising with a wide range of hands, then you definitely can't put them on j 10...you've got to put them on a wide range of hands, some you are ahead of, some you are behind, but I don't reraise with a potentially dominated hand.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Reraise with my Ace?

Re-raising PF with Axo, x not being a Q or K really sucks.