Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Terrible Stud/8 Play from All Involved

PokerStars 1/2 Stud/8 (dime ante, 50 cent forced low card bring-in)

After this hand, I went to the hand history to see what happened, and I was amazed to find that the hand played out the way that it did. In a 4-way pot, there were 2 different people who made flushes on 6th street, and there was only 1 bet put in on that street. Some incredibly poor play from all involved, including myself... guess which donkey I was

3rd Street
Donkey #1: brings-in low $0.50 with [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Donkey #2: calls $0.50 with [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Donkey #3: calls $0.50 with [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Donkey #4: calls $0.50 with [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Folds from 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4th Street
Donkey #2: checks [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Donkey #3: checks [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donkey #4: checks [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Donkey #1: checks [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

5th Street
Donkey #2: checks [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Donkey #3: bets $2 with [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donkey #4: calls $2 with [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donkey #1: calls $2 with [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donkey #2: calls $2

6th Street
Donkey #4: checks [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Donkey #1: bets $2 with [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Donkey #2: calls $2 with [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Donkey #3: calls $2 with [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Donkey #4: calls $2

7th Street
Donkey #4: bets $2 with [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Donkey #1: calls $2 with [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Donkey #2: calls $2 with [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Donkey #3: raises $2 to $4 with [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Donkey #4: calls $2
Donkey #1: calls $0.25 and is all-in
Donkey #2: calls $2
Old 07-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Terrible Stud/8 Play from All Involved

you are donkey #3
Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM

no i wish, he's the only guy who played somewhat properly...
Old 07-18-2005, 02:40 PM

i suspect you are donkey 1 or 2... probably 2.. hoping to trap with your second best flush and getting rivered.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:43 PM

I'll guess you're Donkey #2.

It's pretty hilarious to see the only guy without a flush lead out on the river.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:59 PM

You were donkey #4?

woops, I mean 3. I actually got the numbers mixed up.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:03 PM

thats why i assumed you were donkey 3
Old 07-18-2005, 03:05 PM

since you are not donkey 3, the only logical donkey you are is donkey 2.

theres no way you are donkey4 playing that crap

and you are not donkey 1 because if you were, you'd be committing a 'crime against stud8'
Old 07-18-2005, 03:20 PM

You were donkey 2

No chance you were anyone else (I hope)
Old 07-18-2005, 05:09 PM

lol, i added "guess which idiot i was" part as a joke, but no one actually picked who i was!

i was donkey #4 who made the 7-6 on the river... don't ask me why i didn't cap it there

also don't ask why i played (6-7)T

and yes believe it or not, i am a winning stud/8 player lol

mike