Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 AM

Default AJo flops TP.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Is this a situation to limp, or is a raise okay?

Flop: (13.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Wow, I have no idea what I was thinking here. Should I bet out or try a C/R?

Turn: (8.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Pretty good turn for me. At this point, MP1 is who I am worried about. A check/call on the flop after 3-betting PF. I am glad to see him go. I have no real read on CO, it is very possible that he is on a weak Ace. A flopped straight is possible, but I would expect it to be slowplayed.

River: (12.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

The diamond doesn't worry me too much, I doubt that CO was betting/raising with a flush draw, especially when he could have taken a free card on the flop. So, if I was ahead on the flop/turn I feel like I'm ahead here.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB

Comments are appreciated.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: AJo flops TP.

Preflop good. Lead the flop and hope MP1 raises a worse hand.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:03 AM

Grunch

Preflop: Looks fine

Flop: Flop bettor is to your left. I'd bet and hope he forces the field to call 2. Pot is huge, so I need to protect my hand.

Turn/River: WA/WB. I probably check/call the turn and bet the river depending on the action on the flop (ideally I bet, preflop raise raises, and most other players folded.)
Old 07-18-2005, 01:07 AM

I limp with AJ in EP. I think most 2+2ers will tell you to raise. meh.

I bet this flop, hoping that mp1 raises. that's the best way to protect your hand. since you checked and got a bet from late position, you should definitely raise. protect.

turn and river seem fine.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 AM

Preflop is perfect. If you can put the first raise in holding AJo, you need to do it every time.

Lead the flop. You can't protect your hand with a check/raise because of where the bettor is (on your immediate left), so the best you can do is hope he raises you and faces the field for two cold. This pot is massive, though, so your raise is mostly for value. You have TPGK, you need to maintain the lead in this hand by betting out.

As an aside, with 1 hand on him, I don't get the feeling CO has the foggiest idea what he's doing. I'd put him on something along the lines of A7o.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its one of those hands that everyone has an opinion on. For me, AJo in EP my favorite play is to fold, followed by raising, with calling in last place. With AJs, its raising, followed by calling, with folding in last place. Weird, huh?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its one of those hands that everyone has an opinion on. For me, AJo in EP my favorite play is to fold, followed by raising, with calling in last place. With AJs, its raising, followed by calling, with folding in last place. Weird, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
The tighter a table plays, the more inclined I am to raise AJo in early position. That said, there are very few times I limp it, anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 01:19 AM

reads?

I'm raising this PF each and every time here

I'd bet out flop, and hope MP1 raises to thin the field.

what ranges of hands do you put CO on? A read here would really be good, his play confuses me like whoa.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The tighter a table plays, the more inclined I am to raise AJo in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems kind of counterintuitive to me. If the table is tight that means everyone is folding the hands that AJo dominates and calling or 3-betting with the hands that dominate you. Folding seems better to me at a tight table.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:24 AM

You'll probably get different opinions about raising AJ in this spot, but I think it's fine here, especially considering you're playing 8-handed.

I'd lead the flop. If MP1 has a PP (not aces), he's likely to check behind you, and who knows about CO -- he called 3 cold, so nothing he does would surprise me. I wouldn't want the flop to get checked through. I also don't mind if MP1 raises me.

On the turn, betting out is the way to go. You don't want a diamond flush draw to get a free card. You mentioned a flopped straight, but you've got an insta-buddy in CO if that's the case.

Since he raised you on the turn, I think check/call is the right river line.