Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Default KQs in MP with a LAG on my right

Live 1/2 NL $100 Max

I'm tight through first 2 dealers, have $110 or so in front of me. LAG is two right of me, he has $300 and has seen 100% of flops for any raise amount, decent player on my left, he has $250 or so i'll call him Lefty. 3 deep stacks far left of me have raised almost every hand to $12 or $15.

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP

LAG limps, Hero limps, Lefty raises to $12, folded around, LAG calls, Hero calls.

Pot is $40. Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

LAG bets $10 (he's prone to do this with any piece or nothing at all), hero raises to $40, Lefty calls, LAG calls

Pot is $160. Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

LAG checks, hero pushes $57

Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: KQs in MP with a LAG on my right

You're probably not going to get any responses because, quite simply, your play is fine. What else can you be expected to do in this situation? The crucial point here isn't LAG, it's Lefy -- if he's tight then his flat call of your raise is something to be very worried about. To a real tight player that's not liable to raise preflop without a strong hand, you might have to consider folding KQ out of position to such a raise. On the other hand, if he's semi-weak or has some leaks in his game, then he might be doing this with TT/JJ, AK, or perhaps he's just drawing to a flush. Who knows -- this is a situation that your read of Lefty should be entirely what dictates your play -- LAG can be ignored, as your hand is obviously strong enough to take against him to the river.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Called twice for a large $40 flop bet with that board.

Hmmmmmmmmmm:

Set, overpair, or flush draw I have to figure, so TOP PAIR / 2nd best kicker is in jeopardy here.

Turn is no help to you, I'd have to check to the 2 fellas, going AI here is highly likely called if $40 was, donkeys always draw.... even donkeys can wake up with a monster....
Lefty has lots of hands that possibly crush you and not as many in my mind that you still beat other than a flush draw.

Worse case draw here now would be KcTc and not folding, and certainly one a LAG would play this way.

Read other recent thread about leaks, Top pair is often not enough.

Both folded for $57?

>TW<
Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 AM

Lefty pushed behind me. LAG reluctantly (hah) folded and lefty showed AQ.

I'm thinking my best course of action in retrospect was check the turn when he called the flop raise, then consider seriously whether he has AQ,KK,AA which have me toast, though I think him calling the flop raise instead of raising behind me put a lot of doubt in my head that he hit the board.