Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 11:16 AM

Default KK faces preflop 4-bet and cold caller

What's my next move? The cold caller worries me, he hasn't gotten out of line in the short time that I've been at the table. My thoughts were that I wanted to get as much money in the pot as possible against the cold caller in case Villain1 had AA, but I didn't even think about the possibility that Villain2 might be sandbagging AA.

Party Poker PL 25

Hero ($28) is MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain1 ($11) is Button
Villain2 ($30) is UTG+1

Villain1 is VPIP 73% and PFR 15% after 54 hands
Villain2 is VPIP 30% and PFR 0% after 30 hands

UTG folds, Villain2 calls $.25, folds to Hero, Hero raises to $1, folds, Villain raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.65, BB calls $1.40, Villain2 calls $.75, Hero raises to $4, Villain1 raises to $7, SB/BB fold, Villain2 calls $5.25, Hero????
Old 07-17-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: KK faces preflop 4-bet and cold caller

You have four people calling $1.75 here. What are you trying to accomplish by giving them all great odds to kill you on the flop when you virtually minraise to $4.00. You need to make this like $10 to go. I'd prefer making it $12 even.

If someone pushes against you, and they have AA - so be it - you're not playing high limit poker here, and your KK is going to be good almost all of the time.

It is incorrect to fold KK anytime at these tables, there are TOO many clowns.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:24 AM

I made it $4 because I wanted to get a 2nd person in the hand to build a side pot with, since I thought there was a good chance that the Button would raise again, giving me the chance to trap more money in the pot if one of the donks in the middle called.

This is pot limit by the way.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG folds, Villain2 calls $.25, folds to Hero, Hero raises to $1, folds, Villain raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.65, BB calls $1.40, Villain2 calls $.75, Hero raises to $4, Villain1 raises to $7, SB/BB fold, Villain2 calls $5.25, Hero????

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy cow. Please, just push it in and put us out of our misery. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

In all honesty, are you going to fold KK here? And wtf are you going to do on an undercard flop against Villain 2? I think you'll see QQ/JJ/AK often enough to just push this in.