Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Lucky noob strikes again! - Intertops VSOP tournament (10k guarantee)

Ok, so most of you probably got confused when I mentioned "InterTops" and "tournament" in the same sentence, but it's really their only decent tourament. Ever. They ran about a million satelite touraments so they could reach the 10k guarantee lol. Anyway, it was $100 buy in for those of us that have better things to do than play freeroll satellites. The competition was pretty soft, similar to the Empire "Happy Hour" 10k. Anyway, with about 25 or so players left I managed to work my way up to chip leader by stealing tons of blinds and tons of pots near the bubble. Usually I just bullied people, obviously I changed it up a lot too, but its just so damn easy to bully these guys on the bubble, specially since most of them didn't even pay the $100 to play lol. Anyway, I managed to maintain my big stack pretty much the entire time from 25 ppl left until 3 ppl left. Started out big stack heads up, but it went back and forth for about half an hour or so until I finally sucked out the other guy on a bluff lol. Unfortunately that was about all I had to work with since I wasn't catching much of anything. Ended up winning when I sucked out on a called bluff lol. I told my "cheering squad" I'd send them some money if I won, so if it was anybody that reads this then PM me with your SN. lol yes i'm serious

"Virtual Series of Poker Champion" - good for an entire $3000 lol

And the email InterTops sent me... lol

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Kyle,

Congratulations !! to you for winning the VSOP tournament. This is a very prestigious and special event hosted at our site. Thank you so much for participating in this event.
By winning this great event you have been already recognized, needless to say you are a champion and a fabulous poker player, we need no evidence to prove it. Not
many people can get a first rank in this tournament.
Regards

John
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Net profit from MTT's in last 20 days: $10,000

Yay for being a lucky noob!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Lucky noob strikes again! - Intertops VSOP tournament (10k guarant

another final table lol. PP $20+2. 510 entrants.
POKEMON_SEX - 4th place $663

A dollar for every suckout. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Lucky noob strikes again! - Intertops VSOP tournament (10k guarantee)

congrats