Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Baby flush/ big pot

Any feedback appreciated, and I know a lot of people will say fold preflop. Sorry for the format but I couldn't get the HH to work.

Important stack sizes are: BB ($41.80), UTG: ($131.90), Me in CO ($112.95).

BB is playing very poorly in general, UTG is a bit loose but hasn't seemed horrible so far. I have been reasonable TAG, slightly LAG in CO/Button stealing the blinds quite a bit.

I am dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO. UTG opens for $4, and there are 2 callers to me. I decide to call and see a flop. Everyone folds to the BB who makes it a total of $8. UTG and the 2 other players both call, so I call again, and we see the flop 5 handed.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB pushes for his remaining $33.80, UTG calls and it folds to me. What's my move?

I'll give results and my reasoning after some responses.

Thanks,

Sly
Old 07-15-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Baby flush/ big pot

i push this all day and twice on sundays
Old 07-15-2005, 05:38 PM

I guess I should clarify a bit here. I dont think BB has anything, he hasn't played well and his push means little if anything. I think UTG most likely has JJ or QQ with one club or possibly TT for top set. He shouldn't have any of the other sets since he did raise UTG initially.

Does anyone advise calling the flop and then waiting for a non-club turn to push? I think UTG might still call on the turn, and it would allow me to get away cheaper if a club hits, as I'll be pretty sure that I'm beaten.

Sly
Old 07-15-2005, 05:58 PM

Push. Do I need reasoning? You're obviously ahead unless this guy is a complete dolt, the call is of course odd, but.... Good Poker = put your money in when your ahead.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it would allow me to get away cheaper if a club hits, as I'll be pretty sure that I'm beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why not push now before another club hits to kill your action?
Old 07-15-2005, 06:34 PM

The less nerve racking decision is push the flop.

In similar hands with non-all in players like this I tend to wait til the turn to push though, yea sometimes a big club comes and you have to cut your losses, but if they aren't gonna fold anyways, may as well make them make a bigger mistake.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:46 PM

If UTG was a very tight raiser, I could see making this call because you'd know he had a big hand he was more likely to go all the way with. In this case, easy fold preflop.

I think this flop is an easy push. What were you hoping for when you called?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Results

I push and UTG calls. Turn is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I drop an f-bomb. River is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and takes down the 280 dollar pot. BB had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The reason I posted this hand is that there have been several times lately I have had either a flopped flush or a set on a monotone board and contemplated waiting for a turn rag to push, and then lost when I could have gotten away relatively cheaply on the turn. I guess I'm being a bit results oriented. Anyway thanks for confirming what I already knew.. ez push.

Sly