Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Full House on Board I have Pocket QQ

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Full House on Board I have Pocket QQ

What are you doing not capping this turn? What are you doing not capping this river? Cap cap cap! Do you honestly think someone has an ace? If BB has KK then that sucks but oh well, the odds are he doesnt and you're ahead.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 AM

someone with jacks and who isnt a little bitch would be playing it like BB, properly
Old 07-15-2005, 01:27 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to be enthusiastic about replying to your posts. Every single one is just a cut and paste from the converter. More than one wasn't even given a passing glance for editing during the time when the converter was problematic after the Party upgrade. None of your posts have reads, thought processes, or even questions. Additionally, you've never even bothered to reply to someone else's post. Each one of these hand posts looks like someone who wants to get spoon fed the right answers while putting in the minimum amount of effort.

I want you to prove me wrong. I want you to make an ass out of me by posting detailed hand posts and thoughtful replies to others. You'll learn more. Everyone else will learn more. And I'll learn not to be an ass to new-ish posters who are just getting the hang of how this community works.

Until that day, though, I can't really respond. I don't know why you called the turn here and raised the river, and then didn't cap, so I can't post my thoughts on why this was right or wrong. I don't know what kind of players BB and CO are, so I can't even be sure of what play is right or wrong.

Please. Even two sentences of additional text in your posts will go miles towards helping everyone, not to mention that responding to posts and having your thought processes critiqued is generally much more beneficial to new players than posting your own hands.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to be enthusiastic about replying to your posts with a usernmae like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-15-2005, 01:47 AM

Thats what I feel like. But lot of people agressive preflop... Could have KK or something ridiculous.

He had the Ace,
heh
Old 07-15-2005, 02:57 AM

Despite there being 3 Aces on the board, you have to consider the action. He 3 bet preflop, then led into your cap, and 3 bet on you on the flop.

He'd play AK, AQs, KK, QQ and JJ like this, with JJ being slightly less likely for a typical .5/1 player. Capping the river is nutty. It is never likely to see quads, but with a betting pattern like that you have to assume that you are only ahead of one possible hand here and slow down.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone with jacks and who isnt a little bitch would be playing it like BB, properly

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play pocket jacks like this against a preflop capper with this board, you might want to re-evaluate your play with pocket jacks. I would be absolutely shocked if the guy that three bet the flop showed anything but an A here. KK, QQ, JJ do NOT 3 bet this flop thinking "maybe he doesn't have an A."
Old 07-15-2005, 03:07 AM

Preflop: Cap is good considering you've got position on the 3-bettor (and because you have queens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Flop: Reads sure would be useful right now. I'm pretty sure I raise this also, but I'd really like to have some idea of BB's preflop 3-betting standards. I don't think 99, TT, JJ, QQ, or KK are impossible here, but certainly AK and AQ (and AA, at this point) are candidates. It's kinda tough for me to call a 3-bet without a read here. In fact, you know what?

ALLOW ME TO START OVER

This hand is extremely read-dependent. If you didn't think you were behind on the flop, you should probably be raising the turn and the river.

I'm honestly not sure I call the flop when I get 3-bet..
Old 07-15-2005, 05:27 PM

I mentioned this to you on SA, but it's just as relevant here and someone might want to correct my estimates so I'll crosspost.

Let's work out the numbers as to whether we can pull a value bet here. Here are my assumptions:

<ul type="square">[*]There's only one ace out there, and four cards among them that can contain it. 4 in 45 is about 10%, but I'll up it to about 12% as people like their aces.[*]I'll figure 5% of the time the BB is just flat stupid and is going nuts with 99, TT or something even dumber like KQ.[*]The remaining time I'll give BB credit for a high pair. I don't know how likely it is he'll have QQ since you have two of the ladies, but I'll guesstimate it's 20% QQ and 40% each for JJ or KK which are equally likely. This leaves us with 16.6% for QQ and 33.2% each for JJ and KK.[*]I ain't giving CO credit for anything unless he's slowplaying quads; he's either got us drawing dead or a low to mid pocketpair at best.[/list]
We win 0bb if someone has an ace or if the BB has KK, .5BB if the BB has QQ and 2BB if he has anything else. Thus our EV for one bet is

(0.12*0) + (0.05*2) + (0.166*.05) + (0.332*0) + (0.332*2) = .7723BB.

So unless my math is totally off, I was wrong and we can't value bet this, probably not even if we have a strong read on the BB.