Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Help figuring out a good second site?

Currently I have an account with party poker. Play regularly, 1/2 and .5/1. I often clear bonuses and so forth. I'm looking to expand to a second site, to take advantage of additional bonuses. I'm fairly careful, try to do research into game quality, software quality, deposit/withdrawal capacity, etc. I'm considering either PokerStars or PacificPoker, but am generally unsure what makes a good set of criteria for a second site.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Help figuring out a good second site?

At one point the Crypto family was a good secondary network for micro and small stakes players because of the monthly bonuses. I think some of them have changed their requirements and I've heard rumblings that the bonuses are harder to clear now, so do your research.

They do tend to feature some very good shorthanded games, at least at the limits I play.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:52 PM

neither Poker Stars or Pacific have good bonus structures for the game levels you play. you can do another skin of the Party Poker network like Empire or PokerNow, or hit the dealt/hourly bonuses at Crypto (William Hill, Poker Plex, Littlewoods, Totalbet, UKBetting).

those two networks should keep the recreational online poker player busy every month. the next tier of bonus opportunities after that would be Paradise, Absolute and Prima network.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:53 PM

Do you multi-table? You can only play 1 on pacific, and the software blows! Soft games though. Stars is a good option, lots of games, great software, decent comp system. No first time bonus, but they offer reloads from time to time.

Paradise and UB would be good second options as well, and both have a signup bonus. Paradise is slower, but more bonus friendly. UB's bonus structure gets a lot of complaints here (I think it's ok) They have the best software on the net, imo.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM

If you like Party, play on one of their skins. Start with Empire. They usually have a $100 bonus every month plus they have a very good sign up bonus.