Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 03:06 PM

Default 5/10 JJ capped against a TAG.

Villian is 25.8/18.6 2.9/2.8/1.9
I haven't got any other read on him, maybe because it was to early or he haven't done anything unusual.
My image is something like sLAG, i had been raising alot, and winning by taking down pots both by hitting cards and taking them down on the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?

Final Pot: 5 BB

what line would you take from here?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 5/10 JJ capped against a TAG.

I'd go for a c/r to make it 2SB for UTG to go. If MP 3-bets, then I'd call down from there. If he just calls, then I'd bet out the turn as well (and give serious thought to folding if TAG raises me again here).
Old 07-14-2005, 03:23 PM

UTG folded preflop.
You still like a c/r? When i played the hand i felt like i didn't want many bets go in, but still go to SD.
What do you think of c/c all the way down?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:30 PM

My bad, jut noticed the initial UTG call.

I think you're short changing yourself to just call down. MP could easily have AK or TT, even AQ because he has position and is very aggro from the stats you show.

If you just check/call the flop, villain could take a free card on the turn, causing you to lose a BB that you could've bet, as well as give him a chance to hit his 6 outer. I'm not convinced you're really behind until he 3-bets that flop, and even then the pots big enough to still be +EV to call down in a HU pot.