Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Going to start bonus whoring

I'm to the point where I don't bust out of 1/2 and .5/1 games, and I come ahead most of the time so I decided to Bonus Whore just about every site that offers lucrative bonuses. The Full Tilt 100% bonus up to $600 sure looks enticing and I'm sure there are other lucrative bonuses out there that I can take up. I've already done Party Poker, Pacific Poker, and Royal Vegas Poker with success. My only complaint is, other than Party Poker, it's difficult to see where your at with reaching your bonus. PP makes it easy to see your raked hands, and is always up to date. With Pacific Poker I was always confused about the quantity of hands, or type of hands I needed to play to reach it and the same with Royal Vegas. Anyway, anybody have any suggestions for sites with good first time deposit bonuses, or better yet free money! Should I play generally tighter when clearing a bonus so I don't lose my small original bankroll?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Going to start bonus whoring

Probably not the best forum but...

Fwiw, I think a rake-back at a party skin is better than bonus-whoring. The softness of the games + rakeback makes up for the bonuses, and you get to play somewhere with lots and lots of tables at the limit you choose. Moreover, I hate constantly switching around every week.

If you're still intent on it, check out the classifieds here at 2+2.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:31 AM

Have you done all the Party skins? If not do them. There are several good bankroll building guides online which will take you step by step through the process, just do a quick google search.

Full Tilt's bonus is almost as slow as Pacific. On the Prima Network Golden Tiger has an excellent bonus, Paradise's is OK (I'd do all the Party skins and Golden Tiger before I bothered with even the Granny Bonus, since you'll have better game selection for the same bonus, or a bigger bonus in the case of GT.)
Old 07-14-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not the best forum but...

Fwiw, I think a rake-back at a party skin is better than bonus-whoring. The softness of the games + rakeback makes up for the bonuses, and you get to play somewhere with lots and lots of tables at the limit you choose. Moreover, I hate constantly switching around every week.

If you're still intent on it, check out the classifieds here at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 10/20(maybe 5/10, 3/6 for the shitty 15x ones) or so, then yeah it makes sense to not chase bonuses at a site you don't have rakeback, but till that level, bonuses >rakeback by a fair margin
Old 07-14-2005, 07:35 AM

If you go to bonuswhores.com, there is a section called BonusWhoring 101 that gives you a good sequence of sites to bonus whore. I have followed that sequence and have done pretty well. Basically, they are going to suggest PokerStars first (which does track your raked hands for you) and then the Cryptos. When you get to the cryptos, download the raked hands counter (free from cryptocounter.com), and you will be able to track your hands.

A note of warning about the Cryptos - the 1/2 game can be very tight, and sometimes there are long stretches w/o any raked hands. This isn't so much a problem at William Hill, which pays its bonus by the hour and at Poker Plex, which doesn't distinguish between raked and non-raked hands. But at the other sites, clearing can agonizing as you watch one blind steal after another, or a 2-person flop where the PFR bets and the BB folds (total pot $4.50). I have found, however, that their 6-max games are MUCH, much better for clearing, and that if you are looking for fish on the cryptos, that is where you will find them.

Hope this helps.

- Andy
Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 PM

Right, but it's the softness of the party tables that pushes me towards rakeback. Absolute used to have a 50% bonus up to $500 (and you could collect rakeback at the same time), but the tables were so tight, my winrate just wasn't as good there as it is at party. Noble Poker has a ridiculous bonus, but I HATE their software. Bodog is easy to complete, no complaints there. Poker Room takes forever to complete, and the players are more skilled there than at Absolute (imo)! I like Paradise. Golden Palace takes a long time to clear, but again, the tables are super-soft so I would do it again if I could. ;-)

It's just really important to play somewhere you'll enjoy playing. A lot of the really great bonuses are at sites that have shitty software, shitty game selection, and tougher opponents. Remember that we also play because we're supposed to enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]