Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Foxwoods evening tournies and the NL games

I am going to be in RI in 1 1/2 weeks and I might play either the Monday limit or Tuesday NL evening tournies. Now looking at the website it says they both start at 6 p.m. I thought the NL one started at 7 or 8. So is 6 correct? Another question is how many players are these tournies getting? How is the play in the NL tourney?

How are the NL games these days? I see since I last was there they added a 2-4 game. I know the 1-2 game was very juicy and I am wondering if the 2-4 game consistently goes and how is the game? Plus how is the 1-2 game these days?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-13-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods evening tournies and the NL games

The 1/2 is as soft as it ever was; its also taking over the room. There are now usually more 1/2 NL tables than anything else (on the weekends, anyway). The 2/4 is slightly less donkish but still very soft. I don't go during the week so I don't know if its always running but there's usually only 1 or 2 tables of it on the weekends.

Can't answer your questions about the tournaments as I've never played them.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:35 PM

The 1/2 tables are always good, 24/7. I've found they are better at night during the week than during the day. However with school being out you could find some people who won big the night before and are still playing. I also think the 1/2 games are better during the evening tournament because when players bust out early they will come play NL.

2/4 runs pretty much 24/7 now also, with it usually only being 1 table during the week. I've found the games to be quite mixed. Sometimes they're good and sometimes they're bad. The problem is that if the game is too tight you don't have another 2/4 table to go to.

Check out the 2/4 and if its not loose enough for you get on the 1/2 list. I've found you can make just as much at a good 1/2 table as you can at the 2/4.

Durs
Old 07-14-2005, 01:55 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Ken
Old 07-14-2005, 02:53 AM

The monday night limit tourney STARTS at 6:00 and is a very beatable field...bout 130-150 people. The Tuesday is a rebuy event, and is a bit of a mess during the RB and AO period. Morning tournies are 65$, and are extremly weak, bout 100-150 people...
PM with any other questions
-LL
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Does the Tuesday one start at 6?