Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 AM

Default 2 Hands from the bubble. What do you do?

Down to 43 players, 40 make the money.

I'm currently in like 35th position with about T5500 with blinds of 400/800 with a 75 ante.

I find 88 in UTG+2. I consider folding. I consider pushing. I "decide" instead to min-raise to 1600 with the plan of dumping to a reraise. Which a MP with T15000 does to 4800. I stick to my plan (right or wrong) and fold.

Unfortunately two hands later I find TT UTG. With 43 players still left I push in my T3750 in and am called by the BB who has AK and I get the added pleasure of watching the board come JT3 [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and I Go Home Now.

Anyone do these differently, and why? Thanks.

Pack
Old 07-13-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: 2 Hands from the bubble. What do you do?

Yuck! I think min raising is the worst thing you could do here. With only 7BB you can either fold and squeek into the money or push and pray.

By min raising all you did was weaken your already hurting stack. What is a min raise going to accomplish here? Nothing!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:24 AM

I agree. Mini-raising is def. not the way to go. For your stack size it's either push or fold. Mini-raise shouldn't even be an option at this time.

So with your 88, the main question is... what are you look to accomplish with the tourney? Do you want to squeek into the money and use the buy in (plus a few dollars) later for a different tourney, or are you looking to double up and hopefully place higher.

If it's the first option: fold... and hope you can make it past the bubble.

If it's the second, push and pray your hand holds up.

I would push personally.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:37 AM

It depends on your goals. If your goal is to just squeek into the money then be consistent and fold both. If your goal is to make it deep into the money then you've got to push the 88 and then probably the TT depending on what your stack size is now at after the first push.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 AM

Miniraising and folding was a bad idea.

With < 7XBB you only have one play.

Survival should never be a consideration unless you're near a big money prize (usually near the top of the prize money). You have a long way to go to a big money prize, and you're going to need a lot of chips to get there.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm currently in like 35th position with about T5500 with blinds of 400/800 with a 75 ante.

I find 88 in UTG+2. I consider folding. I consider pushing. I "decide" instead to min-raise to 1600 with the plan of dumping to a reraise. Which a MP with T15000 does to 4800. I stick to my plan (right or wrong) and fold.

Unfortunately two hands later I find TT UTG. With 43 players still left I push in my T3750 in and am called by the BB who has AK and I get the added pleasure of watching the board come JT3 [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and I Go Home Now.

Pack

[/ QUOTE ]

i push both pretty easily
Old 07-13-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pack

[/ QUOTE ]

i push both pretty easily

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way I think I would think of playing it.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]