Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2003, 04:15 PM

Default hand history from Partypoker

Has anyone else had a problem getting hand historys from Partypoker?

I played several hours Saturday and had requested dozens of hand historys along the way. None of then ever showed up in my e-mail.

I sent them an e-mail this morning expressing my concern and requesting yesterdays history.

So far... nada.

I generally request a hand history for any hand I play in from the flop forward. Then I check later to review my numerous mistakes. Is this how most of you use hand historys?

So far I have played (mostly badly) at Poker.com, not a good site in my newbie opinion, Partypoker, graphics problems and no hand history, and Pokerstars, with whom I have not had any issues (after I learned how to turn off those pictures).

I still have bonus money at Poker.com and I will play it out, either until I get enough hands to qualify to withdraw my bonus or (more likely) until I burn through it.

I exhausted my modest deposit at Party, so unless I get some satisfaction on the hand issue, I won't be back there.

I still haven't tried Pokerroom and Paradise.

For playing .50/1.00, how much bankroll would be considered adequate to withstand the normal swings? (assuming decent play) Seems that with seeing the blinds 6 to 8 times an hour, and a few second best hands, the $25 and $35 bankrolls can get eroded away in a few hours.

Anyway, I am still fighting the battle to start playing properly. But I need to have hand historys for improvement.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:10 PM

Default Re: hand history from Partypoker

A 300 bet bankroll is roughly what people recommend for limit holdem, however I have always found $100 is ample for .5/1, and my limit play is poor.

Party appear to be having all sorts of issues at the moment, I recently had a hand history take 36 hours to arrive, tables have vanished, and the site has crashed three times that I know about in a fortnight.

I think the Aliens are reviewing our play ready for that game they are organizing.

First time I have recommended this site in a while, but ACR might be just right for you, the promo bux thing helps you build a roll at low limits.

I have recommended different sites to different people, but you must understand that certain posters here believe me to be an ACR employee, this is not the case, I just feel this site would help you build a roll.

GL
Lori
Old 02-17-2003, 08:31 PM

what is ACR stand for? If you're trying to suggest a new site for someone who hasn't heard of it, it'll be hard to check it out with just a 3 letter acrynonim.

Its not acr.com, I checked.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:45 PM

You are right of course [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Americascardroom.com

Lori
Old 02-17-2003, 08:59 PM

I just re-read my post and wow, did I sound snippy!

I'm sorry Lori, I did not mean to come across that way. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

And thanks for the info. going to check it out now

-Scott
Old 02-17-2003, 09:16 PM

I just re-read my post and wow, did I sound snippy!

I'm sorry Lori, I did not mean to come across that way

No worries, I do it all the while, actually, since you were right, it took the "snippiness" out of the words anyway.
(Hence the embarrassed smiley)

There are many posts on here about the pros and cons of ACR, basically the main good point is that you can build a bankroll from virtually scratch by playing their $50 free nights.
The main bad point is the issue regarding $5,500 of someone's money, which I posted a link to today in my attempted FAQ.

GL whatever u decide to do,

Lori

Old 02-18-2003, 11:46 AM

Default ACR best bang for buck for losing player

I referred a friend of mine who has never played poker before to partypoker.com. He lost his $50 deposit + $25 bonus in a week. Then he tried the $50 match bonus at thepokerclub.com and he has lost most of that $100. So now I have advised him that he should play at ACR. If he survives the first couple of 200 hand promos, he will be able to play for a long time even though he is a losing player. Now, he probably won't be able to cashout for quite a while (or maybe never) since most of his balance will be in PBs, but he will get a huge amount of playing experience for a cheap price.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Re: ACR best bang for buck for losing player

Thanks for the information folks.

BTW, I did hear from Partypoker, they were having technical dificulties. They sent my hand historys yesterday.

I will look at ACR.

I must be getting better at poker. It took 3 days to burn through my $50 deposit at PokerStars vs the 3 hours in my first try at .50/1.00. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Seems like the games at PokerStars tended to vary from slightly loose to tight as a drum. Just my newbie observation. Anyone have an opinion on the play at PokerStars .50/1.00?

In general, I have heard that the low limit games were supposed to be somewhat looser. But I think I have been seeing some quite tight play at these limits. At least in some stretches. Maybe that is just the way all games go.

Anyway, off to Paradise to try them out. I have read that Paradise is the least loose of the sites. I will see if I find the play to be similar or noticeably different relative to the other places I have been.

I will have plenty of time to play today. The stock market is going up, and I was totally short. Had to close out all my positions for very small profits, and a minor loss, and I have no long positions set up. I guess they are declaring "peace in our time" again, so the irrationally exuberant bunch is running them up. They gonna get it though, the S&P is going to be 400 and the Dow 5000 before it is all done. It is just a matter of time and timing.

See ya at the tables, and thanks again for the info.

Old 02-18-2003, 12:43 PM

I signed up on a 20% bonus promo at start of February. $500, currently up to $570 with 200 raked hands played in 0.5/1.00 limit HE only. Biggest swings, down $25 in one session at one point but ended up in all sessions played so far.

I think your bankroll is too small. The games I play in seem very passive/loose but variance can be high with 5/6 players limping in.

300 bbs probably minimum needed, I am playing off a 'roll of 500 bbs so unless I can beat the game there at the level I am playing i won't move up to 1/2 until up to $1000.

Hand histories...had no delays in getting them.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:54 PM

FWIW,

I just asked for a hand history for my last 100 hands from party. It arrived in my mailbox in about 5 minutes.

-Scott