Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Default my wsop crippling hand

Started day 2 with around 40,000. Still at 40,000 about 3 hrs into day 2. Button who was fairly tight and frequently laid down to reraises raised on the button to 3K(blinds 400, 800) had a stack of about 26K. I had AK in the big blind I estimated his stack at about 22K(blinds were and reraised him all in. He seemed extremely happy and turned over 77. 77 held up and that was about it for me. Im thinking i should be disaapointed with how i played the hand considering i was stealing one blind around quite easily and trying to avoid a big confrontation. any thoughts? this was probably the first reraise i had made all day preflop but i guess i remarked when someone earlier made a huge reraise they probably had AK maybe that is why he was so eager to call.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: my wsop crippling hand

yikes. Do you really think he caught on to the AK comment? If he's that tight, 77 would have been pushin it for him, or maybe he was sick of making laydowns.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: my wsop crippling hand

yeah he seemed so happy i was expecting AA or KK. he also seemed annoyed the last time i raised his blind. i was raising probably once or twice per orbit but i had not shown down a poor hand all day. i hate putting half my stack in preflop but my only thought at the time was i have the best hand. always next yr i hope.