Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Huge soccer scandal( do I go to jail for burning a flag?)

Im going to visit my home country(not india) this week and have been following over the internet the biggest soccer scandal ever.

In the end of Juny a Chinese guy bought(got basicly free because the team has lot of debt) a soccer team after very short negotiation. And no-one even actually have seen this chinese guy, so supposedly someone else made everything clear.

Anyoway in the following one week they first hired a GM and coach from Beligum, and shortly after 6 new players, and they all got $40000 for joining the team, that's close to average yearly payment here. After this followed lot of talk how great the team is now and how they will go to champions league. To boost the image of the team(you will soon see why)

Anyway last thursday this team met a decent team in national league games teams were supposed to be pretty equal. So on betting you were getting odds of almost 2.00, I suppose that's same as 2/1. For the home team, and same price for over 2.5 goals etc.

About 1 hour before the kick-off the line ups were unveil, and at this point first suspicious came up.
All 6 of the new players were going to start on field. Including goalia who has played previous game 2003 in beligum 2nd division.
And all of the best players from last(that they won) game were on bench, only couple shitty youngersters remain on field.

As you may have quessed the game ended 8-0!!!
And now everybody was starting to wonder what's going on.

Now in last couple of days it has became obvious that the new owner of team made several million $ on betting because his own team lost.

We are still waiting even to see what that guy looks, since bascily no-one knows nothing about him.

Bottom line: If you wanna make lot of cash with low risk buy Finnish football team and make it lose!

So now to my question, what happens if in next game I burn the flag of Belgium. I know for sure that several people are going to do this, as well as show other ways what they think about this [censored].

Couple articles in english that I could find(chronical order):

Veikkaus (Finnish state bookie) is monitoring Allianssi's case

Allianssi's case is getting dirtier. Veikkaus is according to Helsingin Sanomat
considering to take measures after the huge loss by Allianssi on Thursday.

There are suspicions that the Belgian managed and Belgian "reinforced" Allianssi lost the league game on purpose against Haka.
The Leagues "Veikkausliiga" management had also gotten suspicious before Thursday, since the Veikkausliiga's MD Jan Walden had looked at the players backgrounds, and found out that the Belgians weren't reinforcements at all.

According to a Veikkaus representative, the betting were normal before the game. "The performance were however of such class, that we must seriously consider if Allianssi can be part of our betting lists in the future".
The same representative had doubts if any European betting company would have Allianssi on their lists. "It was quite an act" says a Veikkaus repr. who watched the game. "We haven't got info that something would have occurred in Europe, but there must be some kind of motivation behind this." says Veikkaus repr. in the end.

All six new players were in Allianssis starting lineup on Thursday: Jean-Pierre La Placa, Hocine Chebaiki, Mustapha Douai, Sergei Omelianovitsh, Kasim Yildiz and goalkeeper Gregory Goffin.

In the goalkeepers case, interesting aspects have been found that would strengthen the suspicions. Goffin has played in third highest league in Belgium, but hardly at all last season (2004-05). The reason is he had a back surgery in last year, which prevented him playing until this summer. Goffin had back pains even in Thursdays game.

The management must have known about Goffin's condition, but the Belgian manager sent anyway Allianssi's first choice keeper Henri Sillanpää to a trial camp at Belgian club La Louviere.
The camp turned out on Wednesday to be just a nominal one, when a Belgian source told Helsingin Sanomat that the goalie manager had said that the club didn't even want a new keeper.

Sillanpää didn't participate in the clubs official friendly on Wednesday evening, where the other foreign test players were involved, he was just playing against the clubs B-team on the afternoon.
"I wasn't told there would be an official friendly game. I wasn't apparently needed here. The reason could be that the clubs first keeper haven't gotten sold. It looks like I'll return to Finland on Friday" Sillanpää told on the phone from Belgium Thursday evening.

La Placa was suspected in Belgium for attempt to fix a match

Belgian player of Allianssi Jaen-Pierre La Placa was suspected in spring 2005
for attempt to fix a match in Belgium at the promototion game to 2nd highest level.
Name La Placa came up in incident, where two players of Ref Star Waasland were suing
an party that remained unnamed for attempt to
make Waasland loose the first leg of promotion game against Geel.

Waasland players, Jerry Poorters was offered 6.250€ and Sébastian Dufoor
was offered 5.000€ for trying to make their team loose that game.
According to information received by Belgian newspaper, Dufoor had
told his team mates that offer was presented to him by La Placa that played
in in the team at early season (autumn 2004).

La Placa admitted to have called Dufoor, but said that he had asked his
old playing pal that could he get some tickets for him into the game.
''I didn't offered him money, not even mentioning that we would
have talked about money'', La Placa told to belgian newspaper.

Thierry Pister who was coaching Red Star Waasland had left the team
earlier in the spring before the promotion games.
According to belgian sources, the current main owner of Allianssi Zheyun Ye tried to get control in Geel.