Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Tell me how weak I played this hand.... show no mercy

I had only been at the table for 20 hands or so and didnt really have a read at all.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($48.6)
<font color="#C00000">SB :#A500AF(villain)/ ($38.75)</font>
BB ($29.85)
UTG ($10.23)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($0)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB :#A500AF(villain)/ posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB :#A500AF(villain)/ (poster) calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villain checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, villain calls $2, BB folds.

Turn: ($7) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">villain raises to $6</font>, Hero folds.

I think my play on all streets was way too weak. My half pot bets pretty much made me give the pot up to any reraise.

and should I not have feared another heart on the river?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Tell me how weak I played this hand.... show no mercy

I'm not sure how you could play it differently, if he has the flush already you are drawing dead but there is also a chance(I think more likely then the flush already) that he is raising to get a free river showdown with only one heart in his hand, possibly A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 02:33 AM

he has the flush. i would expect him to raise min on flop not turn if he had the nut draw. him calling then check/raising min is crying out a flush nothing else!!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 AM

You played this okay. I'd bet the pot on the flop, but that's minor.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:54 AM

Your preflop and flop play was fine. You bet 2/3 pot with TPTK. I suppose you could have bet $2.50-$3.00. But your bet is still a good bet. Your bet on the turn is weak though. Less than half pot. Should be 2/3 pot again, so ~$5. His mini check raise could be a reaction to weakness that he perceived in you, just as much as a flush. (Plus, you can't fold to a miniraise like this. You are getting better than 5 to 1 odds to call that bet. You have to be over 80% certain he has the flush here to fold, and I don't think you can be.)
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Plus, you can't fold to a miniraise like this. You are getting better than 5 to 1 odds to call that bet. You have to be over 80% certain he has the flush here to fold, and I don't think you can be.)

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly... i dont know why i folded on the turn. i dont think a made flush reraises such a small amount. he may have been holding A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jx or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Qx (some kind of pair + heart) in which case i was ahead.

possibbly 2pair with a heart, and less likely trips. but in either case i still should have called the minraise to see the river card and then played it from there. hope for a really cheap showdown to a nonheart river, fold to any bet on a heart. sound like a better line?