Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 10:29 PM

Default AA flops set against LAG HU

CO is apparent LAG after 75 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

I really wanted to milk him on the turn, but in retrospect, if this guy is a LAG, I can milk him on any street without him getting scared away. Correct?

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Slow down at all? I'm only beat by 25 and hearts.

Final Pot: 23 BB
Old 07-10-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: AA flops set against LAG HU

FPS

LAGs dont slow down, but you did your best to give him a reason. You called a flop raise, then check-raised. Why did you want to kill the action? Only super LAGs will cap you here (which obviously he is), or better hands.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:48 AM

I like it up to the river. Whether you can milk him on the flop and turn you'd have to decide by feel. By default, I think you'll get more bets in the way you did it against most opponents.

I would just call the river raise unless he's a crazy maniac lag, then it might be worth a shot.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LAGs dont slow down, but you did your best to give him a reason. You called a flop raise, then check-raised. Why did you want to kill the action?

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmm, interesting idea. It might work better this way if you haven't burned him lately. Knock the wind out of these guys sails once or twice and they tend to slow down against you, too. I think you have to go by your feel for the guy at the table if you have one.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Slow down at all? I'm only beat by 25 and hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would just call the river raise unless he's a crazy maniac lag, then it might be worth a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2005, 06:33 AM

I'd gladly cap every single street every single time against all but the best 2/4 opponents...VERY gladly against this guy. Not knowing exactly how much action you can expect, I don't necessarily think stop 'n going was bad. You did get both big streets capped and I'm willing to bet he turns over KK or AK.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:01 PM

He turned over Jh8h for the flush, which baffled me because of his aggression early on. I mistook that for a big pair or broadway hand and that's why I capped the two later streets.