Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 04:38 PM

Default a play i made in a .50/1 house game, good or bad

so i was playing a house game with my friends who i know pretty well.
i was UTG with KJ off suit, i limped in, and 2 more players limped, a TAG player raised to 5 on the button, sb folded and BB called the 5.
when its my turn to act, the TAG player was looking at me suspiciously, and that led me to the conclusion that he doenst want me to call him, so i thought he didnt have a very good hand.
so then i started thinking, even though he is TAG, he is still looser on button, and then i looked at my hand, there only are few hands that have me dominated, like AA,KK,AK,AJ, even if its AQ,QQ,JJ i still have some decent outs to outdraw him.
and then i thought if i went all in 30 bucks, i might take down the pot right there, and since the raiser is tight, he might just fold it right there. so even though my hand wasnt great, but i have great folding equality. i thought that i would get him to fold over 70% of times, and then even if he calls me i would still have about 30% of chance to outdraw him, unless he has one of those hands that had my dominated.
there were about 14dollars in the pot, the TAG player had a little bit more than me. he thinks i m very loose, but he also thinks i am pretty good and respect my plays.
what do you guys think of this play?

i will post the results later
Old 07-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: a play i made in a .50/1 house game, good or bad

plz space ur post out

sore on the eyes