Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Turn spew?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Two things made me opt for the turn raise. First of all villain was LAG and limp-reraised which usually means "GAMBOOL" at this loose table. The raise also protected my hand from UTG+1's weak draws and finally there was a chance that UTG+2 had nothing and was just following his LAG tendencies so a turn-raise could pick up the pot right there. Comments?
Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Turn spew?

bump
Old 07-11-2005, 05:44 AM

Anyone?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:02 AM

Unless you have a specific read that this guy is making the limp rr play a lot, I see most people at 2/4 doing this with AA or KK not wanting to lose action by raising themselves. You have someone behind you that could potentially have the 10 or be on a flush draw. This play isn't near worth it unless you know the LAG is capable of folding. You make a protection play with nothing to protect.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:41 AM

Yeah, this sure looks like spewing to me. I've never found limp re-raises at this level to be anything but AA, KK, or sometimes QQ...except when you have a maniac on tilt. What are you protecting with this turn raise? You have no pair, no draw, and have at BEST 6 outs with one card to come. Look two spots to the left of the button you hit and you'll have the right one.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 AM

raise this flop to drive out some players and increase your equity in the hand. If you are able to isolate the maniac then I would bet the turn and take a free showdown unimproved. If not then take your free card on the turn and check fold the river without improvement. If three bet fold turn unimproved.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49 AM

The turn raise can fold UTG+1 with a hand that beats you quite often, unless he is on a flush draw.

The table being loose = LRR = GAMBOOL does not ring well with me. I need a more specific read on the villain to think this play has merit since it needs to work about one out of four times.

If you think villain is in GAMBOOL mode did you consider capping preflop on the button?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:15 PM

You have PT stats on villain? How LAG is he?
You basically have nothing after the flop and can lose several ways.
Maniacs don't usually think of "Limp-raise;" they just sling it in there. LRR almost always means a big pair, AA, KK, QQ.

I can't understand the turn raise. It's YOU who seem to be the LAG here.

bc [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]