Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 07:32 PM

Default lettng go... to soon or too late

My thinking on the flop was that Villain might make this bet with a flush draw and then ease up with an unimproved turn + even if he does have a Q i might still be ahead... AQ is out of the picture, but what about KQ or 2pair or a set?? Help!?!?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

MP3 ($10.83)
CO ($21.02)
Button ($33.83)
SB ($11.15)
BB ($29.9)
UTG ($25.35)
UTG+1 ($27.7)
UTG+2 ($14.9)
MP1 ($19.5)
Hero ($32.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($7.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.25
Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: lettng go... to soon or too late

1. fold preflop.

2. fold on the flop. its a limped pot. TP medium kicker isn't a strong hand at all in a limped pot.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:38 PM

1. not sure if i agree... most of the hands aren't getting raised PF at these limits

2. I agree, don't know what i was thinking
Old 07-09-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most of the hands aren't getting raised PF at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct. typical scenerios look as follows...

a) limp, limp, limp, fold, limp, fold, fold, limp, complete, check. 7 to the flop...

or

b) limp, limp, limp, fold, limp, fold, fold, RAISE, call, call, call, call, call, call. 7 to the flop...

this kinda poker (to me) is boring. however, you need to adjust your strategy as so. Everyone playing loose, tighten up (vice versa... pretty standard right?).

that is until you play 6 max at these levels. now this is where you wanna limp with (almost every hand) and play smart after the flop. There are so many poor post flop players at this level that at some tables it is plus ev to play every hand and raise with your good ones.

None the less, I think you should still fold QJoff preflop esp in MP2 fullring.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. not sure if i agree... most of the hands aren't getting raised PF at these limits

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can play good poker, or you can play right along with the kind of poker that all the fish are playing at these loose tables. If you can't open the pot for a raise, fold. The only exception should be for small pockets at these limpers parades. If they limp in before you, fine, call in late position with your junk. But when you stop open limping yourself, you'll watch your win rate go up.

For switching gears purposes, if you are always raising your premiums and are known to preflop raise strong holdings, QJo is a nice hand to open 4xBB (or whatever standard is for this level, or one BB above standard) and outplay one or two villians after the flop.

--aj