Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Paradise Freemillion

I'm new to satellite tourneys and wanted to ask if what I experienced at the Paradise Freemillion is normal. The top finishers win a seat to the $ Million tourney in August. The tourney seemd normal until it got to the last 5 or 10 people to be knocked out. At that point each of the remaining tables basically played as teams, with each person taking the max time and then folding to the blinds (even if the blinds were all-in), hoping that people at other tables would be knocked out first. It took forever for the last few people to go (had to have both blinds be all-in and the right person had to lose). At a few tables there was open discussion of hands, begging for folds, even plans hatched to "save" people who looked vulnerable, etc. Since there was no incentive to be first instead of 30th I guess the big stacks were worried about looking like A-holes when they should have been putting people away. Anyway, I was surprised by this. Should I have been or is this typical? I guess if you play the Freemillion you should plan to be there a while. And in case you're wondering, no, I wasn't the knocked out at the end (but could have been). I advanced [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-16-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Paradise Freemillion

im experiencing that right now...luckily im pretty well stacked

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 07:34 AM

If they were talking about their hands while the hand was in progress, report them to customer service.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:43 AM

I got my seat, and I didn't help my table. I had a big stack and was actively targeting anyone short. I wanted the damn thing done already!

now what really sucks is that I won an entry to the WPT Legends, which is on the SAME DAY.

so I'm wondering if legends will let me play the freemillion on my laptop, while I play day 1 of the WPT event?

-Scott
Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 AM

what would you guess the EV of a freeroll seat would be for an average player? like $1 or $50?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you guess the EV of a freeroll seat would be for an average player? like $1 or $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

considering the SIZE of the tourney (probably close to 4K players), I'd guess it is closer to 1 than 50.

But first prize is a cool million, which I think is greater than first place in the WPT event will be.

-Scott
Old 08-16-2005, 11:43 AM

2nd is 10k [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:54 AM

wait, do you mean once you qualify as top 10/20/30 in your big freeroll, then you have a seat worth under ~$25? then i'm definitely not playing it.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, do you mean once you qualify as top 10/20/30 in your big freeroll, then you have a seat worth under ~$25? then i'm definitely not playing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First place pays a million bucks. 2nd-10th pay 10K each.
11th is 1K
12-50th is $500
51-100 is $100
101-500 is 50

They currently have 2975 registered. They'll hit maybe 3400 by tourney time.

So about 1/7th of the field gets money.

So looking at this payout, yea, I think the seat is worth $20-25 for a decent player.

-Scott
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 PM

you may have dropped a decimal? i count ~1.2 million / 3400 = $343 (with HUUUUGE variance).