Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Folding improved AK sucks

Don't know much about BB, but UTG is a bit loose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Folding improved AK sucks

BB's flop check/3-bet already has me scared, so when it's two to you on the turn, I think it's time to let go. I'm thinking BB quite likely flopped a flush or a set (especially once he raises the turn), and it seems SB may now have trip 8's that he decided to test on the turn, so I'm not thinking too highly of your outs situation.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:58 PM

Why did you cap the flop?
You had to let it go on the turn, good fold.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:59 PM

Why did you cap here? I really, really would consider either folding this for one more. What card can come on the turn that makes your hand safe? None. Even in the best case, you are drawing to 4 outs after the turn, which sucks.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Even in the best case, you are drawing to 10 outs after the turn, which doesn't suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Turning a K would be pretty good. I agree that there is no reason to cap the flop though, and folding the turn is obvious.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even in the best case, you are drawing to 10 outs after the turn, which doesn't suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Turning a K would be pretty good. I agree that there is no reason to cap the flop though, and folding the turn is obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hit your 2 outer on the turn you then have the odds to draw to the river. I guess I just forgot about that case. :-)