Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Another bottom 2 hand, 5-10NL 6-max

5-10 NL,6-handed

Ok, here comes an another 2 pair hand.

Hero is Button w/ 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Relevant stacks:UTG+1(560$),SB(1080$), I had them covered
I had played with SB only about 130hands...VP$IP~40% PFR~16%
UTG+1 was unknown who bought in less than 1000$

pre-flop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls 10$,CO folds,Hero calls 10$, SB raises to 45$, BB folds, UTG+1 calls 35$, Hero calls 35$.

flop(145$): 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets 70$, UTG+1 calls 70$ checks, Hero raises to 210$, Villain moves in ~970$. UTG+1 almost timed out and calls all-in ~450$. The pot is now ~1915 and its ~830 me to a call that. Call or fold? Results later...

Thanks for your thoughts.

-FuzzyLogic
Old 07-06-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Another bottom 2 hand, 5-10NL 6-max

I think you have SB beat a large percentage of the time here - so I'd probably call and put shorter stack on a 9T type of hand, A9, or 99. Unless SB has TT, you're looking good for at least his portion. I think about 3 seconds and call.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:51 PM

It sucks but you have to call that. I put SB on a overpair and UTG+1 on either a draw or some weak TP kind of hand.

It will be a race though...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:00 PM

I think it is a very close decision here but you have to call. SB most likely has an overpair and UTG+1 could have T9 or AT enough times to make up for the fact that he has a big chunk of the pot covered. I am guessing that you are ahead here over 2/3 of the time but usually losing to a 6,T,J and 2 of the A,K,Q's. The other 1/3 of the time you are drawing to at most 4 outs, but usually 2 outs, or runner-runner. Not a great spot but what can you do.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Results...

It took a little bit more than 3 seconds to make a decision, but I called.

"It sucks but you have to call that. I put SB on a overpair and UTG+1 on either a draw or some weak TP kind of hand."

This was what I was hoping for. for my surprise SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for nut straight and SB held T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and had top two against my bottom two...but it was my lucky day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and I turned my 2-outer 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], river was a brick and I took down a nice pot. They were quite upset after that and started whining how horrible my call was...I would do the same again anytime [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]