Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Default flop flush, getting pushed around

don't have any hands or reads on villain yet.

would have kept pushing this hand probably, but the ace fallingon the turn scared the sh outta me. call down from the turn is necessary here, right? or should i raise the turn and check/call from there?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: flop flush, getting pushed around

Without a read on what BB will cap the flop with, I would definitely raise the turn. AJ and JJ are certainly possible holdings, but you have no real reason to worry yet. If he reraises the turn, then I call down from there.

I expect to see AK or AQ often enough...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:05 AM

I fold this preflop from UTG, unless the table has been insanely loose-passive.

Any reads on BB? He doesn't necessarily have a set. AA and JJ are certainly possible, but I think AxK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or even AxQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are also possible. I think I would raise the turn and call a 3-bet, but that might be spewing. I think you're ahead here often enough, though.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop from UTG, unless the table has been insanely loose-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

extremely. when i first came to the table we were seeing 6-8 on the flop for 2 bets.

didn't happen on this hand though. bummer.

edit: woops. may have gotten this table mixed up with the other 1/2 table i was at. not so sure anymore looking at the hand history.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 AM

Cap the turn. He could have trip As. Fearing the full house here is going to cost you money in the long run. If he caps the turn and leads the river, I'd call. If he checks, bet the river.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 AM

Even with such a table UTG I fold this pre flop just because it MIGHT tighten up and then . . . . .

HOWEVER - I would still have guns blazing on the turn and river unless he STILL is firing back.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG