Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 01:37 AM

Default I\'m a dumbass i think

party 5/10 1000nl 6-handed
1000 stacks around

My third hand, no reads, dealt j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in SB.
fold, call, call, call call check... friendly pot.
Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pot:$48
I bet out $45, folds to villain who RR to $125. I consider doing something drastic, but donkcall.
turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], pot: $298
I check, villain bets $200, i think and move allin for $855 total.

I'm a buffoon?

and...
<font color="white"> villain flips over black Q Q and the river bricks me. Woot! </font>
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: I\'m a dumbass i think

you played it very good. perfectly, id say. you gat unlucky twice... firstly cause you missed everything, and moreso because your opponent is absolutely incredibly bad at NLH and got super lucky to win this pot.
oh well, you cant win every hand.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party 5/10 1000nl 6-handed
1000 stacks around

My third hand, no reads, dealt j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in SB.
fold, call, call, call call check... friendly pot.
Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pot:$48
I bet out $45, folds to villain who RR to $125. I consider doing something drastic, but donkcall.
turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], pot: $298
I check, villain bets $200, i think and move allin for $855 total.

I'm a buffoon?

and...
<font color="white"> villain flips over black Q Q and the river bricks me. Woot! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it... what does "river bricks me" mean? did you hit your flush? 2 pair? a set?

think you played the hand pretty poorly... but all is well that ends well. oh yeah, red sox rule.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Push the flop.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

with that kind of raise he put on the flop he won't slow down unless a heart hits. Get it all in on the flop
Old 07-06-2005, 02:24 AM

Stack sizes are kind of awkward for pushing the flop, although you'd certainly like to get all-in right away. I probably play it the same way as OP, although pushing the flop is certainly not too bad.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes are kind of awkward for pushing the flop, although you'd certainly like to get all-in right away. I probably play it the same way as OP, although pushing the flop is certainly not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I don't love the push, but what else can you do? You are OOP, and unlikely to get paid off on your hand if you hit, and unlikely to see a river if the turn bricks (because you aren't really deep enough to call a pot size turn bet).
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 AM

My problem is just that the only hand that would push the flop in this situation is a straight draw/flush draw combo. I realize that there aren't many hands that you're in trouble against (AhKh, AhTh), but it still seems a bit weird.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 AM

How much of a chance do you have of him folding to your turn push vs your flop push ?

I'm not saying this is the right move, but I prefer pushing the flop as cold calling will often put me in a tough spot on the turn.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:40 AM

first this is an unraised pot, lets keep that in mind. second, hero lead, v raise, hero push, is a disaster. we are a somewhat favorite to a naked pair (unless he has QQ which has two of our outs locked up so we are slight dog)AK hearts has us murdered and A 10 hearts has us by the balls. accounting for the fact you are going to be running into sets, with this action in an unraised pot, pushing becomes criminal.

Hand range....AA KK QQ JJ 101010 888 666 Axs A10s 97.
aa kk unlikely b/c no raise JJ we are ahead (or any random pair) 97 we are ahead,,,,thats it QQ we are slightly behind b/c it locks up two of our str8 outs, sets have us in bad shape and the big suited aces are rock crushers....push this flop if you hate money.
fold to flop raise and move on.