Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Ultimate Bet SSNL - Weak passive defined?

Anyone play the small stakes NL games on UB? I've been multi tabling for a while now today after signing up and talk about weak passive. Maybe 10% of pots are raised. I can limp in with anything, but NOBODY pays you off. I doubled up early when I flopped the nut straight, checked, had 2 seeing the turn, and the turn 3 made a set for a guy who went all in and I called and doubled up. Besides that, my stack isn't moving. I guess that isn't bad since I'm clearing a bonus, but are people just sitting around waiting for AA on here or what?

What are people's experiences with UB SSNL?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet SSNL - Weak passive defined?

During the day today is was tight on the tables I was on but the last few nights its been incredibly loose for me. 50NL
Old 07-06-2005, 12:41 AM

It is very loose preflop because you can limp UTG with 56s and not worry about a raise behind you, but if you hit your hand you aren't getting paid off unless the board hit an opponent in the face. It does make it easy to steal blinds and make continuation bets on the flop, but that makes me a whopping $1.25 sometimes.

Just not sure how to approach these games. I think my PF raises have been folded back to me 75% of the time.

On the good side, nobody bluffs. You know damn well when someone has a monster.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:12 AM

It depends on the game. Sometimes I've been at tables where every other hand is folded to the big blind, and other times you find someone raising seven times the big blind with 84o.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:25 PM

I quit playing UB for the very reason. You will have to be raising frequently w/ lots of hands in mid/late position to get your good hands paid off. That site at small stakes is way to weak tight. You need to play LAG at those stakes or you'll play for hours only picking up blinds or, if fortunate, you might double up w/ set over set (but you will be waiting a long time for this).
Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 PM

Why stay at the table? Leave and find the right game so that u can get paid off