Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:29 AM

Default An Almost Rant: Party Poker Customer Service

I know, I know, big surprise.

So I gather my funds together to deposit into Party, for the July bonus. Get all my funds together in Neteller, and start the deposit.

And my kids come up and start asking me all kinds of questions... so I fend them off and say just one sec let me finish this deposit... put in the deposit amount (not the full amount, didn't have enough to get the full amount), type in the bonus code, and bing-bang-boom deposit.

Look at the cashier expecting to see the nice $90 bonus money.... it's not there. It's zero. Sign out, sign back in... not there, zero. I say grrr, it's going to be one of those delay times.

So I send an e-mail off to Party customer service, just in case. I'm about to leave for the day to do July 4th stuff, and I don't want it to wait until late to take care of it.

Here is what I get back:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contacting us.

>From our records, I see that while making the deposit towards the bonus promotion BONUSJUL, you typed in the incorrect bonus code that is "BONUSLUL". This is the reason why the bonus is not showing as pending release in your bonus account details.

Hence, I request you to please make another deposit using the bonus code "BONUSJUL" (without quotations) before 6th July, so that you can avail this 20% bonus up to $100 in your account.

However, please make sure that you do not make any cashout request during this bonus period because if you cash out any amount from your PartyPoker.com account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you will become ineligible for the deposit bonus.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Beena
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrrr... I think. Okay, so it's my fault. But... I obviously knew the deposit code, I typed it wrong. I should have double-checked it before I typed it in... but due to this horrid new 'no cashout during the bonus period' rule, I can't take out the only money I have and redeposit it to get the bonus I typoed.

So I send another e-mail with these points. That I obviously knew the bonus code... but typed it wrong. I'm a constant presence on Party, even during times with no bonus. I've deposited at Party with no bonus codes in the past. I play their 5+1 Multi-table tournaments frequently (though I always lose, I suck at tournaments). I'm a good customer. How about some good customer service?

So I get this response:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to inform that the system will not allow us to issue the bonus as you did not use the correct bonus code.

However, make your next deposit before 06 July 2005 using the bonus code and we can issue you the bonus as a special consideration.

You have to play 7 times the bonus amount as raked hand with in 7 days of time after making the deposit as per the release restriction policy. The bonus code you have to use is BONUSJUL. The minimum deposit you have to make is $50.Please note that this offer cannot be clubbed along with any other deposit/signup bonus offer.

(buncha stuff about IGM-Pay bonus still being available snipped)

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Zabehuddin
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm trying a cashout and redeposit to see if they give me the bonus when I type it correctly. It sounds like I may be able to do it this time.

So... maybe Party Poker customer service isn't so bad... if you ask nice. I didn't threaten to take my poker playing anywhere else... I didn't berate or hate on them. I just politely asked for some good customer service, since I am a good customer. But I did have to ask twice.

We'll see....

KO
Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: An Almost Rant: Party Poker Customer Service

You really need to build yourself a reasonable bankroll. PP has regular reloads that you might want to check out.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really need to build yourself a reasonable bankroll. PP has regular reloads that you might want to check out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's coming back. I had to cash out quite a lot of it when I moved in order to pay for stuff like... well... moving. So I'm rebuilding. I've more than doubled it in a month, so it is getting there.

KO
Old 07-05-2005, 11:22 AM

The story doesn't end well.

Oh well. Maybe next month.

KO