Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Default 5/10 NL Vegas and Los Angeles

I've seen a lot of posts about NL B&M games on this forum, and I see info about 1/2, 2/5, 3/5, and 10/20 NL games, but not much about 5/10 games. Are there few games spread at this level? I'd like to play something bigger than 3/5 but I'm not ready for 10/20 yet.

I'm going to be in Vegas and LA soon, and I'm wondering where the best places to play games at this level are?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Vegas and Los Angeles

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a lot of posts about NL B&M games on this forum, and I see info about 1/2, 2/5, 3/5, and 10/20 NL games, but not much about 5/10 games. Are there few games spread at this level? I'd like to play something bigger than 3/5 but I'm not ready for 10/20 yet.

I'm going to be in Vegas and LA soon, and I'm wondering where the best places to play games at this level are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you a bit about LA at the 5/10 blind level.

The Bike has a 5/10 blind NL with a $500 minimum buy, and most players play about $1000 to $2000 deep. The game usually gets doing mid-afternoon, but can go all night. If you want to be on a live webcast, check the Live at Bike schedule at thebike.com - it is usually web cast Friday evenings.

Hollywood Park has a 5/10 blind Pot Limit game going most nights with I believe a $500 minimum buy in (could be $1000 minimum). This game tends to attract more experienced players being pot limit and having been spread there for years.

The Commerce and Hawaiian Gardens have recently introduced 5/10 blind NL with a FIXED BUY IN of $400 and $500 respectively. I call it "restricted buy in on steroids" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. At HG this game seems to have cut into their PL game with these blinds and a minimum buy in. Keep in mind that despite the restricted buy in, many regulars put in long hours so the stacks can get very deep. Hollywood Park is also trying to get this game going, but it doesn't appear to be steady yet.

Hope this helps.

~ Rick