Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Worst MTT Ever (Parental Advisory: contains Rambling Venting)

Sorry, must vent. Please ignore the following. Or share a similar experience so i don't feel like more of a weak dumbass than i do already.

I set a new record for most tediously frustrating MTT evening ever in tonight's Empire $50K Guaranteed ($100+$10 w/ Rebuy). This is including a night in which i went 1:45 without winning a hand (2 MTT...actually ended up cashing in the second one after winning my 1st pot 50 minutes in). In a little under 90 minutes, these were the stats:

Hands Played: 96
Hands Won: 2
Showdowns Won: 0%
Flops seen: 10
Wins if Flops Seen: 1

168th out of 269

I won one 40 chip pot as BB vs. SB when he checked the Flop and i bluffed with a pot-sized bet. The other pot was a blind steal of 75 chips from CO with J8s. My VP$IP couldn't have been more than 7 or 8, mostly on blind completes. The table had many LAGs, with people calling down with complete crap and with plenty of Pre-Flop raises. Until my last hand, the best i had seen was AJo in EP at Level 1, KQs and ATs from SB in a raised pot, and TT in the BB after a pre-flop raise from a MP LAG and re-raise from a solid player from the SB (SB had KK and i did fold pre-flop...though it turns out i would've hit my set, the fold was correct).

My last hand was me going All-in from the SB with QQ and the pre-flop raiser called with AKo, which hit on the River. I had ~11xBB at the time, which was the smallest my stack had ever been relative to the blinds, so i never felt i had to push. FYI, i did the Add-On but no Rebuys.

I really did try to find spots to exploit my über-tight image and just steal everything pre-flop, but, as it turns out, i was "lucky" not to do so, since the limpers and blinds had very good-to-excellent hands whenever i strongly considered it. Again, people were calling with Axo crap...which, even then, was much better than my crap i would attempt to steal with.

Okay, i feel better now, thanks.