Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 08:03 PM

Default A Steal Hand

Villian is okay as far as I can tell but passive PF. Will raise good hands but not 3-bet QQ after one EP raiser etc.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 07-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: A Steal Hand

Fold the river. What do you expect to be ahead of here after being capped on the turn?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Why not just call after the turn raise? Maybe you'll make your flush, or maybe you'll have top pair and only pay one bet to show down.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river. What do you expect to be ahead of here after being capped on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's just the odds of a single player having made trips and this being a steal attempt situation make it hard for me to lay this down holding TPMK.

Everyone else agree the river is a fold getting 12:1. How about my turn play. Anyone else disagree with the 3-bet/call considering the fact that it is hard to give credit for trips and I have 14 outs to improve if he does indeed hold an 8.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just call after the turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the 3-bet looks like a spew to me, that board is pretty unfriendly for top pair.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:36 AM

I don't think a 3-bet on the turn is a good idea when you have outs. If you get 4-bet on the turn, you must call and on the river b/c of what the pot is laying you you cannot fold. You need to be close to 100% certain you are beat which I don't think you can say. With outs, I prefer just calling, and pay of a river bet.