Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 03:56 PM

Default This +EV? (scary board and facing all-in)

Hello, my first hand post here at 2+2, hope this will contribute to someone.

And while im at it, is there a hand converter for Cryptologic hands? I tried my best to do this tidy without one...

Dealt to Hero [Kh Ad]
Villian: calls $0.25
1 Fold
Hero: raises to $1
5 Folds
xxx: calls $0.85
xxx: calls $0.75
Villain: calls $0.75
----- FLOP ----- [9h Kc Ac]
3 Checks
Hero: bets $2
2 Folds
Villain: calls $2
----- TURN ----- [9h Kc Ac][Jh]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets $3
Villain: calls $3
----- RIVER ----- [9h Kc Ac Jh][8h]
Villain: bets $9.90 and is all-in
Hero: calls $9.90
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Villain: shows [Js 8c] (Two Pairs, Jacks and Eights, Ace high)
Hero: shows [Kh Ad] (Two Pairs, Aces and Kings, Jack high)
Hero collected $32.15 from Main pot

~~~~~

How is my play here? I guess i have a bit of experience and a decent amount of hands under my belt, so i could easily remember various beats

that looks very similar to this. Like he had been calling with Axs, hitting flush on river, getting a straight with QT or had a set all the time

(see hand under) I remembered that hand right away when he suddenly went allin.

I guess players at 25NL like to draw to flushes, so i accounted for this and leaned mostly towards folding. But since i didnt give him the correct odds to call to draw for the flush, do you call the river bet, thinking he has made a mistake calling with the flush draw if he should have done that, or is this a mistake to?

~~~~~

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($17.25)
MP ($7.1)
CO ($25)
Hero ($24.65)
SB ($25.9)
BB ($21.71)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1

fold
</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.5</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($8.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($12.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB calls

$5.96 (All-In), Hero calls $0.96.

River: ($44.02) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $44.02

~~~~~

Just wondering how my play is on these hands. They have been bothering me for awhile. Im also wondering about my question when there is a possible flush out there, but your opponent didnt get the right odds to call on the flop/turn.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: This +EV? (scary board and facing all-in)

If you'd like to know if your play is +EV just make a simple table with a range of hands you could be facing, how much you will win/lose vs. each hand and do some math. I think your play is fine here BTW.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: This +EV? (scary board and facing all-in)

[ QUOTE ]
If you'd like to know if your play is +EV just make a simple table with a range of hands you could be facing, how much you will win/lose vs. each hand and do some math.

[/ QUOTE ]
pokerstove will do this for you so you don't have to muck with all the tedious calculations